free hit
counters
Fantastic story from France! - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Evorasteve

Fantastic story from France!

Recommended Posts

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's a great result......

I have to admit, as much as the Brits like to a have a poke at the French, in all the years of going to Le Mans and other driving trips through France, I've only ever been treated well and find them generally a friendly bunch.

One year at Le Mans we were staying in our usual crappy tiny tent and there was a young French family staying near to us in a large motor home who invited us over to share their champagne, but insisted we spoke English because they were trying to get the son to improve his!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not that good. You really don't want to move here. Roads are full enough as it is. It's too hot.. The pounds dropping. Boris will be PM. Stay and support him. 😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to keep you updated on what his happening back in Blighty regarding the weather, ITV News has just started their national TV news bulletin with a sad story about a 12 year-old girl who drowned yesterday evening in the River Irwell at Bury (North of Manchester). Apparently the soaring temperatures were to blame, as she needed to cool off. No not the 45°C you've been having in France and Spain, but just the low 20s. Earlier, two men (25 & 26) also died in the sea off Torquay, where the mercury might hit a scorching 23°C today. The hysterical reporting continued with the "blazing heat" (BBC words) of Glastonbury, where much of Britain's youth is in danger of being wiped out today as temperatures soar to an almost unbelievable 26°C! The free sun cream and water might save a few though.

God knows how the railways are going to cope...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

......God knows how the railways are going to cope...

They're not!

All train services out of Glasgow are going nowhere at the moment as the signalling system has gone into 'meltdown' in the searing 21 degree heat, :rolleyes: .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 recorded here (in the shade) yesterday but only 28 degrees today - at 8am this morning. Due to hit a low 32 today but back up to 36 tomos.  Had to take the Bimmer out for a ride this morning just to get some climate control relief. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

You don't want to melt your Evora!

Plastic cars are staying in the cool barn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bruss said:

39 recorded here (in the shade) yesterday but only 28 degrees today - at 8am this morning. Due to hit a low 32 today but back up to 36 tomos.  Had to take the Bimmer out for a ride this morning just to get some climate control relief. 

I don't think people in the UK really understand just how hot 40C is (39.8C in Ruffec yesterday). Just imagine the difference between 0c and 10c or 10c and 20c - all very different. The jump from 30c (hot for the UK) to 40c is just as dramatic. Spend all day hiding inside ! The 45.1C  in the South this afternoon is truly incredible - a new French national record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, gregs24 said:
3 hours ago, Bruss said:

 

I don't think people in the UK really understand just how hot 40C

Why is that then @gregs24?  Do you think we don't travel from the UK?  

I've been in India in 47c, I've been in the mid west US at 41, and I'm sure plenty other people from the UK have travelled too.

The heat is not always the issue, but when combined with humidity it's a bitch. For Instance, for me in India I was fine at 47c, but in Cincinnati at 41c, I was well and truly fooked by the humidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/06/2019 at 17:59, Evorasteve said:

Marcassus Sport in Toulouse is a Lotus dealer

Wonderful story and great service but just to say, I believe Marcassus ceased to be an official Lotus dealer around Aug/Sept last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Wonderful story and great service but just to say, I believe Marcassus ceased to be an official Lotus dealer around Aug/Sept last year. 

That’s a shame as they are excellent ambassadors. They told us they still sell new cars and had quite a few in stock. I do hope they are supported by Lotus. We need great dealers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Why is that then @gregs24?  Do you think we don't travel from the UK?  

I've been in India in 47c, I've been in the mid west US at 41, and I'm sure plenty other people from the UK have travelled too.

The heat is not always the issue, but when combined with humidity it's a bitch. For Instance, for me in India I was fine at 47c, but in Cincinnati at 41c, I was well and truly fooked by the humidity.

Most people don't travel from the UK (although not as bad as the US !) Plus the highest ever temperature recorded in the UK was 38.5c and anything over 30c is pretty rare. The UK press has been it's usual hysterical best over the last few days when most of the UK has been 20c to 25c !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Most people don't travel from the UK (although not as bad as the US !)

I'm sorry but where are you getting this view from? Are you from the UK and if so our circle of acquaintances must be from totally different demographics. UK citizens made over 78m overseas trips last year with an average duration of 10.2 days per trip. I'm sorry but I don't believe your POV and do feel many people have an idea re the heat. Sorry to be pedantic but the fact is the average UK person is quite well travelled when compared to US and many Europeans (e.g. French, German, Italian etc) who actually holiday more in their own country than we do.  I'll drop it though now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the British tend to fly places more than other Europeans do. The wife & I have just returned from 10 days in the Lofoten Islands in northern Norway, we flew & hired a car. We saw many European registered campers on the roads, German, French, Italian & lots of Dutch & even a few from further afield, (Poland, Slovenia, Romania, Spain), but we only saw 2 British ones & one British reg car (an old Aston DBS!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I'm sorry but where are you getting this view from? Are you from the UK and if so our circle of acquaintances must be from totally different demographics. UK citizens made over 78m overseas trips last year with an average duration of 10.2 days per trip. I'm sorry but I don't believe your POV and do feel many people have an idea re the heat. Sorry to be pedantic but the fact is the average UK person is quite well travelled when compared to US and many Europeans (e.g. French, German, Italian etc) who actually holiday more in their own country than we do.  I'll drop it though now.

Wow, that escalated pointlessly !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

Wow, that escalated pointlessly !

It hasn't escalated at all, I'm just reacting to your comments by saying I don't understand where you're coming from and you then throw out another gross generic statement with nothing to back it up with. Wow - stop the pointless comments then!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...