free hit
counters
Esprit S2 - Restomod - Page 4 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello, Mark,

this really is a beautiful car well done!!

Do you know which fabric is used for the dash?

I’ll have someone follow me with the spare wheel. Plus i only had 4 of those made as they’re turbo pricey, so the spare is that rubbish one they put in to S2s.

It’s just alcantara, nothing special. 

Sudders and Dany

At least I've got the same battery as yours.

Edited by Fridge
  • Haha 2

So, what's the ignition system? I'm looking at the coil packs in the bottom left of the engine bay, have you fitted an ECM to control it?

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

It's a very slick level of attention to detail Mark, fair play to the lads. Thanks for all the info too [and the nice things you said]. I love that silky looking gold paint !!

5 hours ago, Fridge said:

At least I've got the same battery as yours.

No you haven’t. Mine’s better.

3 hours ago, jonwat said:

So, what's the ignition system? I'm looking at the coil packs in the bottom left of the engine bay, have you fitted an ECM to control it?

The fuel injection system is Jenvey and yes, its got an ECU doing many things, including ignition. I’ve just been told that we’ve moved to platinum spark plugs too, so thats nice.

52 minutes ago, GTK said:

It's a very slick level of attention to detail Mark, fair play to the lads. Thanks for all the info too [and the nice things you said]. I love that silky looking gold paint !!

Thanks, George, means a lot coming from a film star. I’ll buy Nick and the boys some donuts (although they’re surprisingly hard to find along the A417) when I get back.

I think that one day all engine covers will be painted body colour, just like Colin always wanted (probably).

• Haha 2

Sudders and Dany

On 20/10/2019 at 12:23, Mark Blanchard said:

Looks epic and amazing work.  Hope there’s enough space for Dany too!

Dany and I aren’t on speaking terms anymore. Originally I approached ARSE to make my car more of a lifestyle luxury premium expression of automotive hedonistic opulence and extravagance, but he said that they were busy hacking a Lambo to bits and didn’t have time to take the angle grinder to mine. But, he did like the gold engine cover, so that’s something. And the pop up lights.

• Haha 2

Sudders and Dany