free hit
counters
AIM MXS 1.2 STRADA - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Anyone bought and fitted one of these direct from the manufacturer. 

https://www.aimshop.com/collections/car-racing-loggers-displays

If so, does it pass all the regs required to be a road legal device with all the warning lamps, mileage etc. I will drop AIM a line to see, but hopefully someone here can help. There must also be some work involved as KT are selling at circa 4000euros, while from AIM they come in at aroune 1000, a big difference.

thanks

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
14 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Anyone bought and fitted one of these direct from the manufacturer. 

https://www.aimshop.com/collections/car-racing-loggers-displays

If so, does it pass all the regs required to be a road legal device with all the warning lamps, mileage etc. I will drop AIM a line to see, but hopefully someone here can help. There must also be some work involved as KT are selling at circa 4000euros, while from AIM they come in at aroune 1000, a big difference.

thanks

Mark

Simple answer is NO it doesn't

As the dash takes a few seconds to 'wake up' the ABS check light at ignition on is missed

When i used an AIM dash in my S2 we wired in an LED for this purpose. One other solution is to have a timed relay connected into the door light switch, so when the door is opened it triggers the dash to be awake, unril the ignition is on

Some of the price difference by KT will be the programming/set up time and also the adaptor loom to make it fit

Edited by Seriouslylotus

@Seriouslylotus

Thanks Dave,

Apart from the ABS is there anything else that would be an issue?

I found a thread earlier this morning on here and I’ll give that a good read this evening.

cheers

Mark

ps sump arrived and I’ll get it fitted when I’m back from work 👍👍

Has anyone got a comprehensive list of the CanBus signals i.e.

ID CHANNEL  NAME FUNCTION

ECU_1 ECU_RPM  RPM
ECU_2 ECU_PPS PEDAL POSITION
ECU_3 ECU_ENG_TORQUE ENGINE TORQUE
ECU_4 ECU_BRK_SWITCH BRAKE SWITCH
ECU_5 ECU_CLUTCH CLUTCH SWITCH

etc etc

thanks

Mark you may be best giving Greg at RRR a call as I think he deals in AIM dash and he’s very good... 

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

RRR have been super helpful in my dealings with them so far. They sell AIM products and also ECUMaster. They recommended the ECUMaster ADU dash to me over the AIM so that is what I am getting fitted.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

RRR have been super helpful in my dealings with them so far. They sell AIM products and also ECUMaster. They recommended the ECUMaster ADU dash to me over the AIM so that is what I am getting fitted.

@Mattmahopeany specs on this dash?

thanks

Unsure if this answers your question bud
https://rrrshop.co.uk/ecumaster-adu-1254-p.asp

It does seem a very good bit of kit but the fascia isn't as classy as the AIM... but given it seems a more ootb solution when going down the ECU Master route its not a bad shout!

www.alias23.com

5 hours ago, alias23 said:

Unsure if this answers your question bud
https://rrrshop.co.uk/ecumaster-adu-1254-p.asp

It does seem a very good bit of kit but the fascia isn't as classy as the AIM... but given it seems a more ootb solution when going down the ECU Master route its not a bad shout!

Hi mate,

Will be going AIM I think, but thanks.  👍

So pinged Aim re wiring. Aside from the Can Bus I think I will need 14 hard wired signals to replicate the existing dash alarms, plus say 5 analogues. The attached PDF file shows what I think I need to replicate what I have, while the image represents the AIM connections. Any information appreciated.

thanks

879529A7-AAE0-428A-BD5D-0EBDC8E3A774.png

Cluster wiring comments.pdf

On 07/07/2019 at 23:01, Mattmahope said:

Interesting. Please share your feedback 😀 Did they have experience with this device installed on V6 ? why they recommend ECUMaster instead of AIM ?