free hit
counters
Fitting new rear springs and shocks. - Help!! - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
madmax

Fitting new rear springs and shocks. - Help!!

1982 Turbo and replacing rear wheel bearing. Whilst it’s off I thought I’d have a tidy up.

Bought new springs and original shocks from SJ but I’m damned if I can compress them safely enough to get the new items on. Have bought two different types of screw clamp type compressors but the pugs are too big and so the shock absorber won’t fit up the middle. 

Anyone know of a tidy compressor suitable for these narrow springs?

These things are just too bulky. I’ve trawled eBay but everything looks pretty much standard. 

Thanks as usual

simon  

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks

ive modified the ones i bought and managed to get one side together 

quite like the look of one of those sets though

I just did mine front and rear with one like this and a cordless impact wrench. Just barely small enough to do 2.5" ID springs, but did the rears easily. Could be less expensive though.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spring-Compressor-for-Mc-Pherson-Strut-System-Coil-Clamp-Car-Tool-Werkzeug/273581919930?hash=item3fb2c0ceba:g:tm0AAOSw3npb4bdj

Compressor.jpg