free hit
counters
Air conditioning receiver - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Maybe not directly - Earlier R12 instllations tended to use flared joints (apart from the condensor on an Esprit) and I recall my original dryer used flares.   The advert refers to o-rings, which suggests these are the later type fittings.   To be sure you would need to verify your hose fittings are compatible, or use adaptors, which are readily available (or they were when I did mine)

How would I know if there flare or oring take the fittings off? (no gas in system)  They are likely the original hoses.

Just undo the hose at the receiver - The flare is just a curved metal to metal joint to seal.  If you have o-ring fittings, you will see that they are recessed joints sealed with, typically, a green O-ring.   It will become obvious when you undo the hose which fitting you have.  If unsure, post a picture here

What would the adaptor be? I know sj sell the receiver drier and adaptors by look of pic but their pretty expensive for what is a generic item.

Also does anyone know the fittings sizes on the standard hoses? 5/8”?

Edited by Smithy111

This is what I suspect you may need (the smallest on the left would be an example of a #6 fitting (as used at the receiver).

I just ran this search 'air conditioning #6 flare to oring adaptor'

flare.jpg

Be careful with the length of the unit, the original ones are unusually short, otherwise they dont fit in the space and hit the bonnet.

I’ll prob just buy the kit with adaptors from sj as no where in uk seems to sell at a reasonable price