free hit
counters
Hi there (another new Fanatic) - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi there (another new Fanatic)

Hi all.

Just joined today - and another member suggested that i head over here and introduce myself..

Been a Lotus enthusiast since a child and an owner for 15 years now - had an Elise for 13 years and now upgraded to a fabulous Evora Launch Edition in red.

I'll probably be posting and documenting on stuff relating to tinkering and road trips as the Loti in my life get rather spoiled!

I do all my own servicing, maintenance and repairs where possible - even down to fabricating replacement parts, including designing and manufacturing my own replacement free-flow silencer about a year ago..

The main thing that prompted the joining of TLF was the dedicated section to Evora ownership / chats etc, which makes it a whole lot easier to find relevant stuff!

Looking forward to anything/everything Lotus related (and Evora related in particular)!

Next year i'm planning a road trip to Italy.. - those Italian lakes and roads look rather lovely and i need to wear out these Pirellis somehow..😀

Pip, pip..

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all. Just joined today - and another member suggested that i head over here and introduce myself.. Been a Lotus enthusiast since a child and an owner for 15 years now - had an Elise for 1

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.. OK, a few images of the Evora.. This was when i'd just finished applying the stone chip protection film to the sills and was standing back to admire th

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Welcome. Loads of Evora owners on here and even more people who will love to see your "fabrications"!  

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Welcome (again) :welcome:.

Red Evoras are the best kind, obviously. 

When you head over to Italy, head towards the SS12. It’s the road which runs from Modena (lots to see there, obvs) through Abetone (a ski resort so lots of hills) to Lucca (the unsung jewel of Tuscany). I drove there (via the Swiss passes) a few years ago and the SS12 is undoubtedly one of my favourite driving roads in the world. The Lakes are undeniably beautiful but during the summer, the roads are mainly clogged with Dutch and German caravans and campers. 

• Gold FFM

Hi and welcome to the forum

yes the Evora section is a great source of info 

be nice to see a few pictures of car as a fellow red Evora owner ?

i read you post on the trip to Ireland , must say it drew a tear as I have been meaning to go over the waters to pay my respects to my aunt and uncle who were laid to rest on outskirts of Dublin. Also I always wanted to see the country having grown up in mainly Irish community I used to attend all the church events including the wild St Patricks Day dances  

It’s shame my partner not a car person and doesn’t like going in the Evora so it’s a trip I will have to make on my own or with my young daughter ? 

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome..

OK, a few images of the Evora..

This was when i'd just finished applying the stone chip protection film to the sills and was standing back to admire the handiwork!

DSCN1542.thumb.jpg.390489264f1644db40f5691aeb7615a7.jpg

This was at the Lotus 70 bash last year

IMG_3055.thumb.jpg.321a2f10ea09b068a69fd315edb00d42.jpg

This was taken when we were dropping off or third family member to our friends for dog sitting (whoever says that you pet can't share the experience hasn't tried a pooch protector thingy)

He actually fell asleep 10 minutes later... Despite my best efforts... (yes, those are window suction cups)!!

IMG_3457.thumb.jpg.7a92a8a1cf33d7366632747c3fab95d6.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg.b13f59a32c9f840221078f5f22a8c539.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome to TLF, glad to have you on board. Lovely looking Evora too! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Nice pics. Our Lab Sherman (RIP fella) would often ride on the back seat of my Evora, much to the amusement of anyone who saw him step out when we parked up!

I must admit though I think he preferred a four door car where he could ride with his head out of the window :wub: Great memories.

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

I love the way the little guy is winking in his photo.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.