free hit
counters
I’m coming back! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Solstice

I’m coming back!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The 410s seem to be selling well at the moment.

lots of pics please....

congratulations, the next week will feel like an eternity! 

Welcome back to TLF Gareth. :welcome:

I'll bet you aren't counting hours?

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Congratulations, looking forward to the photos :)

Hey Gareth, am I right in thinking that sport mode will open the flaps anyway? ...if yes, no need for the override button. 

Lovely car btw. 

Not anymore unfortunately, still only opens at 4500 rpm, I had the first service (and noisy button) fitted on Monday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solstice said:

Not anymore unfortunately, still only opens at 4500 rpm, I had the first service (and noisy button) fitted on Monday.

Have you done 1,000 miles already?! WOW! Love it.  What was that 2-3 days?

Not quite! It had 500 miles on it when I bought it, am off to France with a bunch of TVR owning mates on Friday (they’re expecting me to turn up in the Aero 8 😀)

so had to get the service / noisy button sorted before we left, am looking forward to seeing the look on their faces when I roll into the car park!

4C0EA9E4-FCB6-4252-95E5-DA6A078BEEE9.jpeg

Edited by Solstice
  • Like 1

Ooh that Aero 8 is a handsome car!  You must have saved a chunk on the 410.  Good call.

4 hours ago, Jcx said:

Ooh that Aero 8 is a handsome car!  You must have saved a chunk on the 410.  Good call.

Hope so! It’s SOR with a Morgan dealer, unfortunately the market is a bit slow.

• Like 1

What does your exhaust override switch look like? Is it the std one or something else / somewhere else?

Hey @Solstice Who did you get to fit your exhaust switch and did they mention that it may void the warranty?  I have heard similar from elsewhere...

Hi, trip went well thanks, off down to the Italian lakes later this month, my wife’s packing will be the challenge for that trip!

The switch is the standard one and was fitted by Silverstone before I collected the car, no mention of warranty, which I really can’t see being an issue.

Edited by Solstice
  • Like 1

Thx Gareth.  Italian Lakes will be fun.  I agree regarding the warranty.  It would be a peculiar person who quibbled that one IMO.

On 12/07/2019 at 01:03, Solstice said:

Collected this morning, still quite quick at running in speeds!

Am going to have to get the exhaust valve override button fitted, far too civilised below 4500rpm 

AED6C603-A633-4733-8A83-A3EA26E33EC9.jpeg

Hi Gareth great looking car...as for the exhaust.... Put a plug in the vacuum line to the valve..

1 hour ago, au-yt said:

Hi Gareth great looking car...as for the exhaust.... Put a plug in the vacuum line to the valve..

Do you have any pics of that please?

I dont have an actual picture, and the Exige 410 catalog doesn't appear to be on line, however I am assuming the later Supercharged V6 cars have a vacuum operated valve its connected to a vacuum line that gets a signal from the ECU, when you start the car it is open until there is a vacuum to close the valve. its item 5 in this snip. ( yes I know its the correct model but I couldn't find the 410 parts list.)

410 Exige Exhaust.JPG

Gotcha. Open until the vacuum closes it makes sense. Hence the nice start up sound. That will be an easy mid for always open. Will it cause any issues?