free hit
counters
I’m starting to get a bad feeling about this! - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Spinney

I’m starting to get a bad feeling about this!

9 hours ago, Spinney said:

ETA Ah, just looked at this online and it appears not to be compatible with Apple iOS. 

Aye, they probably didn't want to pay for the privilege!  Apple 🤔

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:51, Spinney said:

At 4K rpm it was like hitting a hard limiter, forcing me to change up much sooner than was ideal, or safe. 

I had this on my 2010 Evora NA, after I bought it in 2018. B&C fixed it, after saying they had never heard of the fault before. It was an exhaust actuator if I recall correctly but check with Phil Marking at B&C. Cheap fix and all fine since (and B&C did it for free as I bought the car from them, which was I think beyond the call of duty but typical of how good B&C are). 

Justin

• Like 2

Yes I’ve always found B & C very good and the car is booked in next week when I’m back home. I’m sure they’ll get it fixed but my main concern has been the number of niggles I’ve had with this particular car, far more than with any of my other Lotus cars over the last 10 years or so. 

I think you need a WiFi OBD reader for Apple phones.  I might be completely wrong but I think I read somewhere the some of the Apple phones don't support the Bluetooth transfer protocol the OBD readers use, but the WiFi ones work OK.

On 26/07/2019 at 15:32, electro_boy said:

I think you need a WiFi OBD reader for Apple phones.  I might be completely wrong but I think I read somewhere the some of the Apple phones don't support the Bluetooth transfer protocol the OBD readers use, but the WiFi ones work OK.

Yeah, no Bluetooth Serial Profile on iPhones, so you need a wifi one

5 hours ago, trcm said:

Yeah, no Bluetooth Serial Profile on iPhones, so you need a wifi one

Sitting at the airport with a few hours to spare before our flight home so ordered a cheap Wi-Fi jobbie from Amazon which should arrive some time tomorrow. It’s under £10 but the reviews are good so not a lot to lose if it doesn’t work. I’m hopeful though, not so much for the current issue as it’s already booked in for that including replacing a window regulator, but just thinking ahead for any future electrical gremlins.