free hit
counters
Re Filling / Bleeding Evora Cooling System - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
robington

Re Filling / Bleeding Evora Cooling System

Well I’ve fitted a new radiator and am struggling to get the system re-filled.  It’s taken about ½ litre so far and won’t take any more. The bleed valves at the front are open and I even took a rad hose off to see if that would help matters, but it didn’t.

I know there are a couple of bleed valves at the engine bay end, but I can’t locate them – are they accessible from the top or bottom of the engine bay?

I don’t have access to an airline where I live otherwise I would get one of the purge kits you can buy.

If anybody on here offer a step by step guide on how to refill an Evora system please, I would be most grateful.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks, yes that is helpful, however I am still struggling to locate the 2 bleed valves in the engine bay. Do I need to remove anything to access them and is it from the top or from underneath?

I just cant see them!!

An air bleed plug is located on the heater return hose near its connection with the return rail, and a bleed nipple is incorporated on the by-pass pipe near its joint with the thermostat housing.

refill 1.JPG

If it can help, when I did it, it took me a long time to realize you need to push with a sharp tool on the 2 front bleed valves to open them. Removing the plug isn’t enough to bleed them...;-)

• Like 2

Hi Andry, thanks - that was the eureka moment!!

The tops of the bleed valves are obscured by a cowling so I did not see that they were, well valves! pushing in a sharp tool released loads of air and I was on my way!! 

Thanks also to NZ Baggies for the picture of the Thermostat bleed valve.

• Like 2