free hit
counters
My 380 Sport with TVS1900 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
steveoexige

My 380 Sport with TVS1900

Hi all, after 10 years out of Exige ownership I'm glad to be back. My last car was a 2007 Exige S which was used by a firm called MMG to develop their prototype chargecooler and other upgrades. I sold that after running it at 340bhp and enjoyed every minute of ownership including the fun and games that is tuning. Had a few toys since including a mad Zenos and C63 Black but ultimately I always new I'd be back in an Exige. 

As per the heading I've purchased the grey 2017 380 Sport thats been advertised by Sytners in Warwick. It made me laugh that when they 1st ran their advert they didn't even know it had been fitted with the TVS1900 and intake kit from SSC as well as having a £2,750 hand made decat manifold - the total bill for the lot was £12.5k.... After lots of back and forth Sytner managed to do some ringing around and found out the car was fitted with the kit from new by Murray Lotus for a wealthy owner on the Isle of Man. Its currently in at PJS Lotus for a fresh service and a check over and then I pick it up next week. Cannot wait!

If any of you know anything at all about the car please msg me, I find it odd that the previous owner did all this work (and spent all this money) and didn't join a single forum or at least have a friend that was on a Lotus forum.

I plan to take the car into Hoffmans for them to retro fit the SSC chargecooler set up and see how quickly I can make the gearbox fall apart. If I get the urge to track it obviously I'll have to deal with the usual concerns of too loud an exhaust plus the slippery slope of Nitron's, ARB's, tyre choice and pressures....cannot wait :)

Looking forward to being back in the Exige fold once more and putting the world to rights!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Steve, I viewed the car last week and informed the salesman of the spec! I spoke to the previous owner and Silverstone about the car, will drop you pm with what I know.

Gareth

I saw the car at Murray (Levens) after the trade in (for a GT430 Evora I think). It had a straight through exhaust fitted and at a static 4.5K rpm I thought my eardrums would burst. Bonkers. Apparently the owner used ear defenders for a spirited drive.

Cheers for the replies guys....I have been warned that's it's...ahem, a little fruity in the sound dept.

Gareth - send me that PM! All used cars have a past so I'm keen to know more about this one 😧

I seem to recall either the owner or his son (I think they both drove the car) posting on here when he hadn’t had the car long, he wanted a DSG type gearbox

2 hours ago, 2GOOD said:

I seem to recall either the owner or his son (I think they both drove the car) posting on here when he hadn’t had the car long, he wanted a DSG type gearbox

i did a search on the forum for "isle of man", etc but couldn't find anything relating to the car or it owner. If any of their details to the thread topic comes back to you pls let me know 👍

• Like 1

@Seriouslylotus met him a while back and was very complimentary about the car...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

We ( @Colin P ) met the owner on our annual IoM pilgrimage. A very enghusiastic owner who did indeed trade it in at Muurays (now Leven) fir either a 430 Evora or Exige. I can't remember which.

The conversion was a money no object affair as he wanted his ultimate Exige.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

We ( @Colin P ) met the owner on our annual IoM pilgrimage. A very enghusiastic owner who did indeed trade it in at Muurays (now Leven) fir either a 430 Evora or Exige. I can't remember which.

The conversion was a money no object affair as he wanted his ultimate Exige.

I remember the discussion well. It was a GT430 he was after but wanted a DSG box in it, I believe his plan was that he'd be able to get this done for him it was simply a question of how much it would cost. Reason for change was that the Exige couldn't keep up with is friends over the fastest sections of the mountain.

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

11 hours ago, steveoexige said:

i did a search on the forum for "isle of man", etc but couldn't find anything relating to the car or it owner. If any of their details to the thread topic comes back to you pls let me know 👍

& I’ve now searched toshers posts with no luck, but funny how the DSG gearbox comes up again in the conversation above, maybe it was on another forum?

Here’s an ad for the car - this was after it had been advertised as a used car at Murray’s. Owner was struggling to move it on at the price he wanted it would seem. Good to see it’s found a new owner👍

http://bestcars.im/car/2017-lotus-exige-sport-380/

Which ECU is it running then if also got full manifolds?

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Thanks fellas - I have to say the carbon work is amazing. If I was spec'ing a new one I would never have picked grey but now I've got it I think it really works well with the carbon roof, engine cover and front panel. 

I'm still adjusting to the performance, which is rapid to say the least 😮

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steveoexige said:

Thanks fellas - I have to say the carbon work is amazing. If I was spec'ing a new one I would never have picked grey but now I've got it I think it really works well with the carbon roof, engine cover and front panel. 

I'm still adjusting to the performance, which is rapid to say the least 😮

I bet!  I have just heard from RRR that the mapping of my car has gone well.  Should be a significant bump in power, so expect I will need to readjust as well!

• Thanks 1

@steveoexige lovely car... and I have to say bloody lovely house! Can we have more details on the house ;)

www.alias23.com

Looks good Steve, was there any paint damage behind the film? Hope you’ve bought ear defenders😀

19 hours ago, alias23 said:

@steveoexige lovely car... and I have to say bloody lovely house! Can we have more details on the house ;)

Its not often I look at car pictures and think 'thats a nice house' but I do like both the car and the house!

On 23/07/2019 at 17:56, Solstice said:

Looks good Steve, was there any paint damage behind the film? Hope you’ve bought ear defenders😀

No, the PPF did it's job. It is BLOODY loud, I'm already well underway with exhaust solutions already!

Thanks for the kind words on the house guys. My wife's an architect so when we decided to go for it and build our dream pad..... she really went for it. I have the mortgage to prove it (!)

It's a German pre-built passivehouse so even though the mortgage is, ahem significant, the monthly utility bills are less than £60. Not bad for a 500sqm, 7 bathroom family home with 4 kids that leave all the bloody lights on.