free hit
counters
My 380 Sport with TVS1900 - Page 5 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
steveoexige

My 380 Sport with TVS1900

5 hours ago, steveoexige said:

I will try and get a clip uploaded before the 2bular silencer is fitted just so you know I'm not being a lightweight,

:thumbup: Perfect Steve ... Tks ... I really want to hear how "without" your cat ... it must be really special ...

we are waiting for your CLIP 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 hours ago, steveoexige said:

Incidentally I had a quick look at the engine of the 430 and couldn't believe how heavy the carbon engine lid was compared to the carbon lid on my 380 Sport....I can literally open and close my 380 lid with 2 fingers and yet the 430 Cup needed both hands. 

Steve making this point feels ridiculously obvious but maybe it hadn’t dawned on you and apologies if it did.......but the 380 carbon rear access panel has hydraulic rams to assist lift, whereas the Cup models both 380 & 430 have no assistance and are kept vertical with a stay. Both are light of course and maybe yours has no rams?

The 410 has a stay and no rams too and it does feel heavy compared to the ram-assisted 350 plastic deck. 

27 minutes ago, Jcx said:

The 410 has a stay and no rams too and it does feel heavy compared to the ram-assisted 350 plastic deck. 

Yip - the 410 carbon rear access panel is the same as the one on the 380 & 430 Cup models👍

Can’t seem to shake the feeling that I’m going to end up with one of those on my 380 Sport😬........it’s a thing of beauty👌

It is indeed a beautiful thing. You are a lucky man to enjoy a 380. #whataweapon. 

13 hours ago, NANO said:

:thumbup: Perfect Steve ... Tks ... I really want to hear how "without" your cat ... it must be really special ...

we are waiting for your CLIP 

Sry for the thread drift... This can maybe help: Larini manifolds, no cats, stock muffler: https://youtu.be/kCPSazkk-6A

• Thanks 1

Thanks anyway Kristof ... but I really wanted to hear his 2bular without cat ...

That’s loud on the ugly side. Can see why u want to change

1 hour ago, Mark030358 said:

That’s loud on the ugly side. Can see why u want to change

I didn’t want to say but I thought that too.......sounds like it’s got a hole in the system!🙉 I know it won’t have but they can sound much nicer than that👍

Hi Steve ... first of all thank you so much for your 2 clips / videos.

For me:  ... “ F A N T A S T I C / F A B U L O U S

this is a pleasure ... this is for a car like Lotus ... this is from Hyper Car ...

(it is clear that for a trackday there can be problems ... I can understand)

To understand what you mounted exactly

- 2bular "Protection catless" ... manifold without cat and finally OEM 380 ?

8 hours ago, NANO said:

Hi Steve ... first of all thank you so much for your 2 clips / videos.

For me:  ... “ F A N T A S T I C / F A B U L O U S

this is a pleasure ... this is for a car like Lotus ... this is from Hyper Car ...

(it is clear that for a trackday there can be problems ... I can understand)

To understand what you mounted exactly

- 2bular "Protection catless" ... manifold without cat and finally OEM 380 ?

Thanks for the compliment Nano but it is just way too loud for me. My wife can hear me coming home from work 3 miles before i actually appear (no joke).

In answer to what I have: I have a 2bular decat manifold and the rest is 380 OEM Sport. Jim is going to weld in his silenced de-cat pipe and we'll see how much of a difference that makes.

• Thanks 1

On 13/09/2019 at 19:37, stephenwhyte said:

Steve making this point feels ridiculously obvious but maybe it hadn’t dawned on you and apologies if it did.......but the 380 carbon rear access panel has hydraulic rams to assist lift, whereas the Cup models both 380 & 430 have no assistance and are kept vertical with a stay. Both are light of course and maybe yours has no rams?

You are right, doh, my "one handed lift" was indeed aided by hydraulic rams. I hadn't appreciated the 380 & 430 cup just have a stay bar to hold the lid up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, steveoexige said:

In answer to what I have: I have a 2bular decat manifold and the rest is 380 OEM Sport.

Steve, have you had problems with the engine light ( the yellow ) that detects you ( the probe ) that you don't have the cat ?

if so, what did you do?

image.png.a5e23e3c9b053e766517fac50d760bc5.png

Edited by NANO
completet

Yes I get the engine check light come on after a long'ish drive. I have an OBD port scanner that I just use to read and reset the check light. When I finally go for the full fat Masterblack ECU setup they can code their ECU so it shouldn't show the code at all. 

• Thanks 1

On 29/08/2019 at 23:56, Mark030358 said:

Hi Steve,

I took the full 2bular “protection” kit and kept the standard 380 back box, and yes its loud with the valve open, amazingly so. Imho the best exhaust noise from an Exige I’ve heard, visceral is the word I would use, I love it when the valve opens as you floor the car. When I did my Alps trip in June, gunning the car down the German Autobahns the exhaust note is there, but the wind noise was worse with the roof off, to be fair I didn’t feel it was too loud. But each to their own. For sure its no track day system.

What might be interesting is that when I had my conversion done there was another 380 at Komotec, an Essex blue one, the press release car the owner told me. He had Jims “protection” system and Jims back box and for sure was not as loud as the standard 380 box I’m running. In fact I was going to fit one but it didn’t get shipped to KT due to me faffing about.

At the end of the day it depends what you want, either 🤫 or 😈

Here’s mine on the KT dyno, sounds great 😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

cheers

Mark

25282BD2-9E50-446C-A2B1-1CC689EF0CC7.jpeg

While you Mark, with cat, I believe that this "problem" of the spy that comes on doesn't have it, it doesn't happen to you ... right ?

Cheers & Thanks

I have no warning lights at all. All is good 👍👍

Cheers

Mark

• Thanks 1