free hit
counters
380 Sport OEM Gearbox oil cooler? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
steveoexige

380 Sport OEM Gearbox oil cooler?

As per the title - just found out that my 380 Sport has a factory fitted Lotus gearbox oil cooler - I actually found out because it is leaking but thats another story. Anyone know if this is standard OEM fit or a Lotus option?? (and either way is it any good or is an aftermarket one the way to go?). TA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can't speak to the OEM cooler, but I did some research and ended up going for the Komo-tec gearbox cooler for my 350 Sport.  It's currently being fitted to the car and I will report back once I have driven it on track (next day booked for 29th at Snetterton...)

Gearbox oil cooler on a 380 is an OEM part.

cheers

59 minutes ago, steveoexige said:

Anyone know if this is standard OEM fit or a Lotus option?? (and either way is it any good or is an aftermarket one the way to go?). TA

Same cooler fitted to the 3Eleven, Looking at the data log from the Motec dash The cooler works really well!!!!

Hi

Does anybody know if there is a filter on the manual transmission oil cooling system, especially for the Exige sport 380 ? part 37 on this diagram

46_09.gif

Last time I asked my Lotus dealer to change the gearbox oil, he was not able to tell me if there was one...

Is it fitted on 380 and onwards model having the additional cooling system ? Is it fitted on the latest sport 350 models ? It is not clear on Deroure website

Looks like item 37 fits in item 4?