free hit
counters
Zircotec'd 2Bular - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

2Bular track (valveless) silencer already fitted.  Am adding the manifolds and down pipe with Zircotec coating, and the un-coated sports cat link pipe.

Yum 👍

Black n gold

21 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Got my 2Bular EPK back from Zircotec and I have to say that it does look good.  Just sharing the picture for mutual enjoyment!

More details to follow on my build thread once this upgrade stage is completed.  I cannot wait...

Pipes.jpg

That must surely be the  best manifold / coating setup available for the V6S. my mate has used Zircotec several times on motorbike exhausts.

How much was it for the zircotec coating?

I think id be very temptied to go this exact route (already have the same back box) if i can justify the expense with my wife😀

Edited by RedViper

Do you need any SW upgrade or something after instaling 2bular protection kit? Is there any fault or everythink works fine?

Thanks

Great work Matt very keen to hear how this project goes!

www.alias23.com

Well done Matt!

I've just had the full 2bular fitted to mine also. Sounds and goes great... Jim Valentine a real gentleman also, great guy to deal with.

Hope you're happy with yours. Are you interested in an air box from Imran to go with it? 

1 hour ago, Ross Easson said:

Well done Matt!

I've just had the full 2bular fitted to mine also. Sounds and goes great... Jim Valentine a real gentleman also, great guy to deal with.

Hope you're happy with yours. Are you interested in an air box from Imran to go with it? 

He’s already got a KT system from a previous upgrade 😉

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Is that standard exhaust @Jack? Obviously not the wrap... but under the wrap.

www.alias23.com

No Imran, it will be these headers...... https://www.boefab.com/products/evora-tuned-headers

Along with a MoTec ECU and custom tuning using a wide-band controller....no more narrow-band O2 sensor/MAF. 

Life is short and the world is going bonkers....might as well spend some $$$$ before it's too late.  ;) 

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

On 11/07/2019 at 15:11, Radek Koch said:

Do you need any SW upgrade or something after instaling 2bular protection kit? Is there any fault or everythink works fine?

Thanks

No. The ECU will self adjust drive easy for around 400 mikes after install to allow the ECU to learn.

@Jack did you buy the sheets and cut/shape the wrap yourself?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

@C8RKH.... That Inconel heat shield pictured above was  custom made to fit the specific headers...it's not a wrap version and not a DIY project.  Photos are from a friend's V6 install.

https://turbosource.com/pages/inconel-custom-made-heat-shielding-ordering-form

Inconel is considered a super alloy and special metals with specific applications. It has several characteristics that make is a desirable metal. Inconelalloys are resistant to corrosion which makes it suitable for some extreme environments. It is also resistant to oxidation and can withstand high temperatures.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

On 11/07/2019 at 15:11, Radek Koch said:

Thanks

BoT confirmed that my car ran OK with the new 2bular installed on the standard ECU, although note that my ECU had already had a mild remap as part of the EX370 kit I got from Komotec.

Some advice re 2bular... make sure you get top quality sleeved insulation for the sensor cables,  the 2bular intermediate pipes  mount the sensors very close to the exhaust. You dont want the cables melting. It’s obvious from your pics which one it is. I bought top notch insulation products for this...

cheers

Mark

5 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Some advice re 2bular... make sure you get top quality sleeved insulation for the sensor cables,  the 2bular intermediate pipes  mount the sensors very close to the exhaust. You dont want the cables melting. It’s obvious from your pics which one it is. I bought top notch insulation products for this...

cheers

Mark

Who do you recommend?

www.alias23.com

Hi Imran, 

Not at home at the moment, will have a look Thursday when I get back.

cheers

1 hour ago, Mark030358 said:

Hi Imran, 

Not at home at the moment, will have a look Thursday when I get back.

cheers

No rush buddy just out of interest :)

www.alias23.com

9 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

cheers

Mark

RRR shield all wires in either roundit 2000 heat sleeve or full DR25 heat shrink depending on location.  They tell me that most of mine will be fine in the roundit. 

KT shielded my cables on the installation. Anyway short story I bought a better type and had them fitted during my last service. It was noticeable that the KT suppler sleeve  had started to shown signs of heat damage after only basically driving home from Germany. 

In this instance too much is good. All I can remember is what I bought was gold in colour, quite thick and expensive. 

Cheers