free hit
counters
Rusted nuts and bolts - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PJ

Rusted nuts and bolts

Recommended Posts

Anyone knows where I can get a SS replacement for these nuts? 

Screenshot_20190709-193103_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190709-193055_Gallery.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That’s proper $ hit quality. Try buying some from Lotus, then get them plated, then paint them black. They look like a type oF “SPIRE” fixing. Screwfix is your friend.... 👍👍👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flange nut.

Find the size, search stainless + flange nut!

EG these M6 versions from Westfield fasteners. In A4 marine StSt. Lots of places sell them though.

https://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/Metric-Nuts/Flange-Nut-Hex-Serrated-M6-A4-Stainless.html?google_shopping=qty_A4_Nut_HexFlgSerr_M6=20&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ZS41aWr4wIVBlXTCh1aWAknEAQYAyABEgJ_EfD_BwE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, slewthy said:

Flange nut.

Find the size, search stainless + flange nut!

EG these M6 versions from Westfield fasteners. In A4 marine StSt. Lots of places sell them though.

https://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/Metric-Nuts/Flange-Nut-Hex-Serrated-M6-A4-Stainless.html?google_shopping=qty_A4_Nut_HexFlgSerr_M6=20&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ZS41aWr4wIVBlXTCh1aWAknEAQYAyABEgJ_EfD_BwE

They are not flange nuts as they go on a post, not a thread. They are self threading nuts. https://www.jetpress.com/Products.aspx/nqgtmtvw16/Self-ThreadingNuts-WasherType/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There you go - wrong again!!🤐

Why self tapping/thread cutting?

Why not a bolt and standard flange nut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Size stn015 I believe. Incredible, can't find these anywhere in the Netherlands. Perhaps not using the correct translation.. I'll try jetpress if they are so kind to send me 20 pieces or so.. 

Edited by PJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slewthy said:

There you go - wrong again!!🤐

Why self tapping/thread cutting?

Why not a bolt and standard flange nut?

It’s just a plastic peg moulded into the grill that goes through a hole and is held on place to stop the grill flapping about. Not really something you’d ever need to strip so no point adding a threaded part. They’ve switched to push fasteners now anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I just want to replace my old rusted ones. I can't get them here, is there someone in the UK interested in purchasing a set and spin it off to some people here? I would be ok to sponsor this if someone could send me 20 pieces by envelop.. https://www.comdir.co.uk/self-threading-nuts-washer-type.html stn015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PJ said:

Yeah, I just want to replace my old rusted ones. I can't get them here, is there someone in the UK interested in purchasing a set and spin it off to some people here? I would be ok to sponsor this if someone could send me 20 pieces by envelop.. https://www.comdir.co.uk/self-threading-nuts-washer-type.html stn015

I'll order and post you a pack if you like. Then you can just post me 15 euros, how does that sound? I'm not back in the UK until the 28th July.

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic, thanks for the trouble! I'll send you a direct message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...