free hit
counters
S4s Clutch Cover ? - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Does anyone have x-ref number for OEM Valeo clutch cover PN# 235CP8300 ?
Any AP covers x-ref ?

Measurements of my old part:
friction plate dia ~ 237mm (240mm?)
total height ~40mm
bolt (6) CPD ~273mm

S4s bolt spacing is different from S4 and SE. I've been told that S4s had the same pattern as early V8-s, before double plate clutch was implemented.
Is this info correct?

Parts catalog shows  A082Q6032F for S4, but S4s and S300 had a different number,  P525.4701.607AF

Edited by MrDangerUS

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not sure you're going to find a cross reference. I recall others have tried, and drawn a blank.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

6 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Not sure you're going to find a cross reference. I recall others have tried, and drawn a blank.

Do you have mounting holes location dimensions and clamping force of the OEM  cover? Other Valeo parts may be adapted, just need to find the right size. Well,  I hope.

Were any previous discussions on this subject here?  I'd like to read them (not to repeat the same steps/mistakes)

Edited by MrDangerUS

9 hours ago, MrDangerUS said:

Do you have mounting holes location dimensions and clamping force of the OEM  cover? Other Valeo parts may be adapted, just need to find the right size. Well,  I hope.

Were any previous discussions on this subject here?  I'd like to read them (not to repeat the same steps/mistakes)

As far as I know, the S4s/S300 cover was a special, and unrecognised by Valeo. @Sparkyshould be able to confirm.

I felt there was no point in another quest to find the Holy Grail, so I use an uprated S4 clutch from PNM, with a re-drilled S4s flywheel to suit the S4 cover. I do have a spare S4s flywheel, but measuring the PCD will be impossible for me, sorry!

Margate Exotics.

I had a crack team chasing this down with a friendly guy in Valeo tech.  After literally hours of searching, all they could find were obfuscated cross-references to deleted parts.  It ain't there.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

'Crack team'.

No. 27 in a series of 100 Sparky euphemisms.

Margate Exotics.

On 11/07/2019 at 03:11, Chillidoggy said:

As far as I know, the S4s/S300 cover was a special, and unrecognized by Valeo. @Sparkyshould be able to confirm.

I felt there was no point in another quest to find the Holy Grail, so I use an uprated S4 clutch from PNM, with a re-drilled S4s flywheel to suit the S4 cover. I do have a spare S4s flywheel, but measuring the PCD will be impossible for me, sorry!

I've discovered that JAE in California has a bunch of Valeo original S4s (8300 N-force) covers in stock! Got myself a spare!

Edited by MrDangerUS

Good.

The S4s release bearing assembly used to be a horrendous price, not sure if it still is. But it is rebuildable, it has a bearing with an elongated centre -

-VgCqoPO_jpeg.jpg

Margate Exotics.

Nice find Ian! Thank you.

How about  61908-2RZ ?

Edited by MrDangerUS

Sorry John, wrong photo, the ORS bearing I’ve shown is for the the S4. I think the different clutch covers, S4 & S4s/S300, come up at different heights, hence the difference in length. That bearing is an oddity, I haven’t seen others like it before.

61908-2RZ is the S4s release bearing, which has a machined top-hat extension in its inside diameter as an addition. I’m struggling to remember whether it also has a thick shim washer, but you’ll know when you get it to pieces. You can press the extension out and reuse it, and fitted to the original ‘cage’ you’re back in business.

John D aside as he’s running a fire-breathing monster, if anyone with a standard S4s car can get hold of an old S4 clutch cover, then it’s worth considering having the flywheel drilled to suit it. Both fit the dowels on the flywheel and then you have both the uprated S4 clutch and standard S4s clutch options available. I found the S4s clutch cover supply was a dreadfully long wait when I needed one. One thing - the S4s/S300 flywheel is hardened steel, so the job needs hardened drill bits and a decent pillar drill or milling machine. But whichever clutch is used, it needs the release bearing that matches the cover.

Margate Exotics.