free hit
counters
EVORA Weight - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
au-yt

EVORA Weight

There well be more required inclusions for the US homologation than just the 2 seat airbags.like pollution gear and extra wiring. It defies logic these days that every country has its own design requirements.. but don't get me started.

on the subject of weight, the "standard" 400 front brake rotors weigh 9kgs each...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The other site has weight info Evora How-to's >> Evora Weight Savings >> spreadsheet with S, and 410 measured weight.  The Evora section also has recent weights on a 400 and  the US GT (430 hybrid).    Lotus nowadays gives Dry and Wet weights, it seems that the Euro standard is Wet with 1/2 tank of fuel while US standard is a full tank.

Edited by Julian73

1 hour ago, au-yt said:

There well be more required inclusions for the US homologation than just the 2 seat airbags.like pollution gear and extra wiring. It defies logic these days that every country has its own design requirements.. but don't get me started.

On the subject of weight, the "standard" 400 front brake rotors weigh 9kgs each...  Mainly the seats.  Pollution gear is an extra Cat maybe 4 lbs extra and most as it weights 6 lbs but replaces a piece of pipe., a piece of foam under front and rear bumper,~ 2 lbs, a knee pad under dash Driver and pPass sides, 6 lbs,, door beams etc are now universal.  10 extra lbs each seat for air bags and additional under bracing  ... total about +38 lbs 

Edited by Julian73

11 hours ago, Simon Bateman said:

Is the figure that I read from the USA website (1445kg) more about making sure the numbers are correct in case they got sued?

US Curb Weight: 

• Weight of car with fluids and fuel at 100% as well as weight of any option expected to be in more than 33% of vehicles sold.

Can't believe those deleted seat airbags in the UK Evora's saved 50kg!!

My wife told me a story about when she was in the USA years before we met, having some breakfast when one of the group shook up the ketchup and the lid wasn't on properly......

A couple of people got covered in sauce and just laughed and the only American in the group said 'we should sue these guys for that'.

Weight issues in US is not so much about getting sued by a consumer, but rather getting fined by a government agency for misleading advertizing.

I think he was merely pointing out the crazy state of affairs in the US that looks to the rest of us as (1) you are suing someone or (2) you are being sued by someone or (3) you are waiting to sue/be sued.

Sadly, we seem to be going down that road in the UK these days.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I Just watched Harry’s Garage story on the Lamborghini. Diablo SE30. What was a surprise is relatively how light the SE30 is at 1535 kgs( yes he weighed it , no mention of fuel load) 

I am still trying to work out were the extra lead is in the 400. Which is only 100ks lighter. Yes the seats and the rear hatch. But there must be more.

Airbags and other "safety devices" will add weight plus I am sure that in the Evora you have a better chance of walking away from a high speed accident due to the more modern safety demands and designs that will add some weight. But I do agree with you that given the Diablo has a V12 (I think) it does seem like a lightweight! :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

A quick google reveals the Aventador to be 1575 (dry) 1731 (with fluids). So still not bad perhaps with a 6.5ltr V12 in the back, well middle really.

And a Porker in 15050 -1710kg!  Wow, that suggests to me there is some serious engineering in the Lambo.  An R8 is 1595 - 1750kg.

32 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Airbags and other "safety devices" will add weight plus I am sure that in the Evora you have a better chance of walking away from a high speed accident due to the more modern safety demands and designs that will add some weight. But I do agree with you that given the Diablo has a V12 (I think) it does seem like a lightweight! :)

The Diablo has a classic space frame chassis ( lotus recon the Evora chassis is complicated) and lots of carbon panels, the V12 and Gearbox are massive This drawing is of the Countach but its the same engine but injected, to give an idea of the size the engine alone weighs 270 KGs and the box is 75 Kgs (guess as the laters light weigh version is 72) 345 Kgs

COUNTACH DWG.JPG

Leaving fruit aside, I would image that the Evora front and rear crash structure sub frames are heavy, however the saving grace there is, they are replaceable.

The F/Glass panels are heavy so there is lots of weight saved with the carbon panels as with the 430,

1 hour ago, au-yt said:

The F/Glass panels are heavy so there is lots of weight saved with the carbon panels as with the 430,

Erm....

:secret:

• Like 1

The French magazine "Sport-Auto" weighed the Evora GT410 Sport at 1411 kg (with fuel).

Thats interesting so based on that my 400 is 1458kgs with full fuel. 47Kgs in the rear hatch, roof, rear seat, wheels carbon seats if fitted

Current weight of my US spec Sport 410 w/ full tank, Headers, Harness bar & misc track gear, Ohlins TTX .. 1395 kg; back calculated weight as delivered w/ full tank, Ti Exhaust ..1397 kg  

• Like 1

On the subject of weight, I was reading about the new Porsche Cayman 718 GT4 and was surprised to learn that it is heavier than the Evora!   

On 25/09/2019 at 08:22, Corsu said:

Is your car fitted with the former Carbon seat (The 410 Sport one) and the aircon ?

My Option specs are US standard: w/ AC, ICE w/ Sat Nav, 2+0; reclining Sparco seats, 400 door panels 

Options: Alcantara, CC, sound insulation, Ti exhaust, Lotus Guard Premium (PPF), no SW 

Accessories (post delivery): BOE headers & Cat, GT4 baffled oil pan, GT430 fender A-panels, oil blow-by catch can, SPA Oil Pressure/Temp gauge, cf barge boards, Ohlins TTX, Alipine booster amp, Hertz speakers (+4 kg), SSC harness bar and 2 pr 4 pt Schroth harnesses (+8kg), AIM Solo II DL and SmartCam (+0.8kg)

• Like 2

Each to their own I guess. I’m more than happy with my lardy old 2015 S1 Sport racer. Even if it is heavier, I much prefer having all the options and the Recaro heated seats. I gave a good look to the 400, but in my opinion the car, in adding lightness, also ended up looking cheaper, particularly the interior, and I disliked the higher driving position with the Spark seats. Mine is for road use only, I drive between the UK and Italy a couple of time a year and find the car perfect for my requirements. It’s quick ( TVS 1900 …Thanks Hoffmanns! ), quiet and comfortable, the interior is a really nice place to be. Equally, I can see that there is a lot of weight to be taken out of the car, as with all modern cars, if that’s your thing. I can see it would be possible to drop the weight to the mid 1200kgs, but you’d end up with a quick bet rather basic and crude car. I think a lot of weight could be lost by building the subframes of something lighter and stronger, light weight wheels and carbon brakes…but it all costs!

• Like 2