free hit
counters
modifying front hubs - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jpr

modifying front hubs

Hello,

Has anyone modified the front hub bolt patter to match the rear?.  It would give us a wide choice of aftermarket and high quality wheels.  I would appear that its only weld/fill the existing wheel bolt holes in the hubs and re-drill and tap for the new 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern.  the hub diameter can  be adjusted with a centering ring on the wheel.

Jpr

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, jpr said:

Hello,

Has anyone modified the front hub bolt patter to match the rear?.  It would give us a wide choice of aftermarket and high quality wheels.  I would appear that its only weld/fill the existing wheel bolt holes in the hubs and re-drill and tap for the new 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern.  the hub diameter can  be adjusted with a centering ring on the wheel.

Jpr

Good luck drilling the hub! Its very very hard stuff and for a good reason, welding may affect the materials strength (All in my humble opinion of course!!)

Laptime Performance close to Munich in Germany did change to HRE wheels 8 x 17 wheel on front with 3° camber front and 2° camber back i guess with a KW Variant 4 suspension on 235 wide wheels front and 265 wheels on the back.