free hit
counters
Adjusting 3 way Nitrons? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I picked up my 410 today, wahay!  The mean streets of Salisbury Plain are not in the best of condition at the moment (or at any time come to think of it).

i would like to experiment with softening off the dampers, would I be right in thinking that it is the low speed damping that will have the greatest effect on ride quality?

thanks

Gareth

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That would be first of all high speed damping. Low speed is more about reacting to the continuous load.

easiest way i was told to remeber was

Rebound controls the springs

Hi-speed compression is road surface/kerbs etc etcr

Low speed compression  is driver inputs

Twiddle completed, 2 clicks softer high speed compression front and rear from the recommended road settings has calmed the car down, feels much more composed on our dodgy roads.

hi, 

you can explain a little more your settings ?

They were the stock settings from the handbook, but with high speed compression softened by 2 clicks, from memory the rears were full soft and the fronts 2 from full soft,  you’ll also need to reset the low speed compression because the adjusters move when high speed compression is adjusted.

Interesting. Can you do all of that with the car on the ground?

Yep, compression adjustment is on the remote reservoirs, not sure if you can get to the rebound adjusters

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Solstice said:

Yep, compression adjustment is on the remote reservoirs, not sure if you can get to the rebound adjusters

You can do front rebound with the car on the ground, rear is difficult without jacking up the car 

• Like 1

Ye, you can do the fronts with the wheels on full lock.

I have slim wrists and hands and can do the rears reaching through the rear wheels just below the rear caliper, with a bit of playing around with arm and hand position.

• Like 1