free hit
counters
Komotec EX-370 (a quick review) - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Gordon S

Komotec EX-370 (a quick review)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
59 minutes ago, Gordon S said:

without me spending thousands.

Still £1600 odd for an intake + remap 😢

1 hour ago, Gordon S said:

In term of noise, there is now a ton of ‘charger whine, which I like. 

That there is 👍 we were listening to it as you circulated yesterday sounded very nice.

Black n gold

Whether any upgrade is good value depends on the owner. We all want different things. I put this review on here for those considering the kit. I took 6 months+ to decide.....

I think the “would you do it again?” question is a good test. I’d do it again in a heartbeat because of how different the engine feels.

ps. look at the price of the higher power upgrades.... 

5 minutes ago, Stubox said:

That there is 👍 we were listening to it as you circulated yesterday sounded very nice.

Cool. 

What car were you in yesterday?

• Haha 1

Oh I know, the EX460 kit is eyewatering - but Komo stuff has always been well made and received. I do want more charger whine - one of the best noises around on an engine - but I think I'd rather spend the money elsewhere first. Thank you for your opinion on it, It's definitely on the list, but a bit further down :)

6 minutes ago, Gordon S said:

Cool. 

What car were you in yesterday?

Green Exige 410. @Trevsked had his olive Evora 430 that was circulating rapidly too.

Black n gold

Good review Gordon, I definitely think that’s why you were quicker yesterday 😂

@Stubox lovely car, shame we didn’t get to meet!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stubox said:

Green Exige 410. @Trevsked had his olive Evora 430 that was circulating rapidly too.

Ah yeah, I remember your 410. Looked stunning. 

Good review @Gordon S. I went through exactly the same thought process, got the kit installed by H111 and fully endorse everything you say. Echos my thoughts exactly!

It was good you could open it up at Goodwood and hear the roar, very satisfying . Certainly not a bargain to have done but must make the car Far more enjoyable with enough power for most tracks 

Myself and I imagine the other 430/410 drivers were short shifting to preserve the day, although in the end after 2 noise boards and a black flag I called it a day 🤦🏻‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Tex said:

Myself and I imagine the other 430/410 drivers were short shifting to preserve the day, although in the end after 2 noise boards and a black flag I called it a day 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ah you were there 430 Cup..think next time we ought to introduce TLF members somehow.

But likewise shortshifting all day, never saw the change up lights and still got noise board held out twice as well. Still fun track 👍  

Would like that supercharger whine on mine too really .

Black n gold

On 13/07/2019 at 18:11, Stubox said:

think next time we ought to introduce TLF members somehow.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/shop/37-clothing

:thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

50 minutes ago, Bibs said:

You need to get some larger sizes too! Not all members are whippets, some are more like grizzly bears!

Saying that I do have the soft shell jacket and it's a nice bit of kit.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

You need to get some larger sizes too! Not all members are whippets, some are more like grizzly bears!

Now sat awaiting some modelling shots from @Bibs

Only here once

6 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Now sat awaiting some modelling shots from @Bibs

No doubt he'll get his drone out so we'll get the full 360 view, but hopefully not, the full monty....

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

8 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Saying that I do have the soft shell jacket and it's a nice bit of kit.

I believe that's what the Evora section of the forum is for ;)