free hit
counters
Re-Fitting Front Clam and Bumper - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
robington

Re-Fitting Front Clam and Bumper

Hi - Me again

I am trying to re-fit the front bumper and clamshell after removing them to replace the radiator and I cannot get the 2 to align at the front.  The pictures tell the story.

I have double checked that the clam location points are flush to the rail and they are. The bumper also fits flush to the rail and slides in ok. I have tried fastening the whole bumper up to see if that closes the gap, but it does not. I realise there is an adjusting rail under the clam, but as I had not moved it, and also the fact that he bumper and clam both locate from it, I cannot see how it would be the cause of this particular problem. It’s as if the bumper changed shape while it was off the car!!

What am I missing please?

Heelllppp!!

DSCF4752.JPG

DSCF4754.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It’s been 2 years since I had mine off to replace the master cylinder. But I recall that it was the front bumper that was adjustable. Loosening the fixing point for the bumper, pushing it to a position where you want it to be and then fasten the nuts and bolts. A second set of hands could be helpful.

By the way, it’s a great oportunity to refresh the various nets in the bumper. If you haven’t done so already. 

Thanks Stefan. I managed to get it better than the picture, but its a long way from being right. I used all the adjustment available to no avail. The only thing I can think is that the front floor pan perhaps can impact the bumper fitting location and that if it is a bit low for whatever reason it will make the bumper lower.