free hit
counters
Martin Donnely - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Martin is , I am told, out of hospital with the leg in plaster.  Justin 

With so much antagonism and ill will online these days it's great to see a car community coming together to help one of our own. £52k raised so far which I hope will help him make a full recovery. Hop

Yes, saw it earlier this week. Really hope he gets well soon. https://www.gofundme.com/f/martin-donnelly

• Gold FFM

Thanks for sharing this. An absolute tragedy and I wish Martin all the best. For every Hill, Hunt, Hamilton, Hawthorn and all the champs, there are many thousands who don't make it or only taste racing glory briefly. I salute them all.

Justin 

Image result for martin donnelly f1

• Like 2

Yep thanks for sharing.  I spent a couple days with Martin at the Lotus driving academy.  He was a lovely person and a fantastic driver and teacher.  Really enjoyed my time with him in the car and out of the car.  I wouldn't be able to drive my car with the confidence I have now if it wasn't for him and the team at LDA.   I wish him a speedy recovery.

Fantastic to hear he's on top of the complications and back on the right track, hope he has a very straight forward and simple recovery.

I bet he's 10x faster than me round Hethel even with one leg in plaster. 😉

• Gold FFM

I drove with him and another racing driver (Geoff) last summer and they are just outstandingly fast!

Echoing the above - glad he's out, stable and on the road to recovery / Hethel.

• Gold FFM

Martin was the first 'owner' of my Evora NA. His company wagon. 

60,000 miles now and still on the original clutch. Clutch issues on Evora are clearly down to the driver...….😉

Justin

PS. can a moderator add an 'L' to Martin's surname in the title please? Donnelly. 

49 minutes ago, chipp said:

He was well enough to attend a local car event yesterday in a single seater.

(wheelchair)

chipp

Good to hear Martin is feeling well enough to be single seating, hope the remainder of the recovery is as speedy.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430