free hit
counters
Dashboard removed for re-trim - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks mate, this is on my to do list also. Could I ask how long it took to remove? 

1 hour ago, DBG said:

Thanks mate, this is on my to do list also. Could I ask how long it took to remove? 

Same question. It's the one thing that I keep wanting to do to strip out unwanted excess cables and tidy up loose bits etc, but running scared of the complexity and time required.

Nice work. 

Are you going to replace the passenger airbag cover clips (seeing as you’re there)?

The air bag cover was the only part of the dash that hadn't lifted. The clips were in good condition and released easily from below. I have my suspicions the dash has been out before as a lot of the fixings were loose so they may have been changed already.

oh, look at some those beautiful extruded aluminum brackets...    it's a shame that they have to be hidden.

I'm relatively new to this world and have wondered how in the world to disassemble parts of the car for service, can the Evora Service Manual be ordered from the factory/company ?

14 minutes ago, furious_blue said:

I'm relatively new to this world and have wondered how in the world to disassemble parts of the car for service, can the Evora Service Manual be ordered from the factory/company ?

Yes. 

Log into this site, enter your VIN then pay for the cheapest/shortest subscription. Then download all of the manuals and documents for your car:

http://vsic.lotuscars.com/

• Like 1

good work chap..

been there done that, re trimmed the dash  centre consul and door swipes.. 

46438352_1552921348141543_4329727505708613632_o.jpg

• Like 2

Andy, that looks a lovely re-trim. Who did the trimming?

And Craig, who are you using to re-trim yours?

My dash was 'repaired' following a nick on the leather (previous owner) and it is not perfect. I have the leather (Cocobolo) from the factory but need to find someone to (a) remove the dash (b) trim the dash (c) re-fit the dash.

I have heard Allon White did some of the factories trimming. Is that true?

Justin 

Your work is inspirational, my car is a 400 and I have an annoying creak that is eminating from the dash only on certain  road surfaces and speed which is bugging me and removing the dash if fear is the only way to find it.

the other thing is because EVORA’s are hand made you can disassemble them.unlike unlike other production line cars which the dash is one big assembly slotted in.

1 hour ago, jep said:

Andy, that looks a lovely re-trim. Who did the trimming?

And Craig, who are you using to re-trim yours?

My dash was 'repaired' following a nick on the leather (previous owner) and it is not perfect. I have the leather (Cocobolo) from the factory but need to find someone to (a) remove the dash (b) trim the dash (c) re-fit the dash.

I have heard Allon White did some of the factories trimming. Is that true?

Justin 

I got mine done by Allon White Justin and loads of pictures on TLF.  They were excellent. Not cheap but a wonderful job.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

And there was me worried about tackling the removal of the trim panels on the centre console so I can replace the handbrake and gearlever gaiters, :rolleyes: :lol: .

Good work man!  I would be way too scared to do a job like that, I'd fear I'd never get it all back together again! 

Collecting all the parts tomorrow so let's hope I can get it all back together again.

You always have some screws left over though right? 😁

I'm contemplating getting the switch panel covers on my 400 dashboard retrimmed in either leather or alacntara. I don't like the look of the hard plastic and I believe that some of the later 410/430 cars have this done from new?

2 hours ago, RichardC said:

I'm contemplating getting the switch panel covers on my 400 dashboard retrimmed in either leather or alacntara. I don't like the look of the hard plastic and I believe that some of the later 410/430 cars have this done from new?

Do you have any piccies?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

8 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Do you have any piccies?

This is a picture of a GT430 dashboard from the Autocar website. The switch panel covers are trimmed in what looks like alcantara. However, looking on DeRoure, I can't see the alcantara covered parts listed as being available from Lotus yet.

IMG_0609.JPG

1 hour ago, RichardC said:

This is a picture of a GT430 dashboard from the Autocar website. The switch panel covers are trimmed in what looks like alcantara. However, looking on DeRoure, I can't see the alcantara covered parts listed as being available from Lotus yet.

Hard to see but agree it does look nice. Might have to look into that too.

On 16/07/2019 at 22:08, Craig Red Evora said:

Collecting all the parts tomorrow so let's hope I can get it all back together again.

You always have some screws left over though right? 😁

How have you got on with the reassembly on this. Looking forward to some pictures 😁

Hi Sellman

The down side of enjoying the Evora as my everyday car is that I cannot be without it. It took over six and a half hours to get the dash and door cards back in and it wasn't easy.

The leather was a different thickness (so hopefully harder wearing) but this made everything tighter so I am still not happy with the fit. I basically got it back together so I could use the car but it all needs to come back out so I can spend more time fitting it better. I just haven't had the time recently. In a couple of weeks I have some days set aside to do it so can post some pictures then. I have kept it original so to be honest it won't look that different to any other Evora it just isn't lifted shrunk and peeling off!

Jairaj (electro_boy) I had four bolts left over due to rushed reassembly! 🙂  I know exactly where they go and to Lotus's credit even without them I have no squeeks or rattles!

Great thread, you have just added lightness!

Can I ask can you see the red circled area in this picture with the ICE head unit out?

Evora dash removed.jpg

I don't think you can see it no, the angle is wrong, you definitely can't get to it. I will be able to give a better answer in a couple of weeks when I take it apart again.