free hit
counters
Problem Hardwiring Dash Cam in GT430 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Apologies if this has been covered already but I’m struggling to find a good earth point in/around the front passenger side fuse box area that works. The dashcam runs on 3amps and s piggybacked into and drawing power OK from a spare 5amp socket, but there’s no obvious bolt down earthing point to use anywhere that provides a circuit for a meter reading. Grateful for any advice or tips that will get the camera to work on ignition power-up.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

In your GT430, I'm not sure if you have the same fusebox set-up as an S1, but this is where I sourced a ground on my (S1) car:

ground.JPG

• Thanks 1

Thanks @2011 Chrome Orange The layout is fairly similar; I’ve tried all the adjacent bolts for a circuit, but I’ll give this one another go.

I piggy-backed my dash cam supply onto the input into the HU on my S1. Seems reliable and neat.

Hope this helps,

Steve

• Like 1

Earthing to the bracket which the floor fusebox cover attaches to worked ok for me on the S1

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies; I’ll have another go at it.

Sorted eventually using the bolt indicated in the pic in this thread. Not an obvious earthing point anywhere else, so handy to know. 👍

• Like 1

On 16/07/2019 at 09:53, blindside said:

Apologies if this has been covered already but I’m struggling to find a good earth point in/around the front passenger side fuse box area that works. The dashcam runs on 3amps and s piggybacked into and drawing power OK from a spare 5amp socket, but there’s no obvious bolt down earthing point to use anywhere that provides a circuit for a meter reading. Grateful for any advice or tips that will get the camera to work on ignition power-up.

Which spare 5 amp socket did you use? and how hard was to to "activate" and or provide access power lead off that socket

Piggybacked from the windscreen washer 5amp socket. Camera activates when the car is switched on.