free hit
counters
PJ’s V6 Exige - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

On 06/04/2020 at 10:42, Kristof Thys said:

I would put some real Lotus Mars Gold-coloured gloss wheels on your car, that would look ace!!

(and I happen to sell my set of Lotus Mars Gold wheels and tyres 😉)

Hahaha! Show me some pics of them.. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having the Exige I've now become a bit of an enthusiast tweaking it..like many others here.. I'll be showing some pictures of upgrades soon.  I already did the upgraded gauge cluster, side sills

So, I'm picking the front access panel up in the Middle East soon! Painted in my C93 color, now see if I can bring it along in the plane :)!   

Making the most out of Corona.... Be well to all.. 

Posted Images

Someone asked for a good shot of the back with Greg his V3 lights, here you go (wasn't able to pm it). These are the red lenses, less red than I anticipated though and to me personally they could have been a bit more brighter red. 

Any ideas for a new wing anyone?? 

20200408_000046.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great. I have the same lights, but haven't seen them outside yet. Sidelights being on will solve that darker red. I guess it depends on lighting/shadowing. Are you running AD08R tyres? If so, how do you find them?

Thanks but I'd go for forged I think. Top of the list now is a nice wing. What wing is the best looking/ made currently? 

• 2 weeks later...

So I had my soft top installed when I purchased the car. The soft top is brand new. 

I placed it today for the first time but the rain poored in. Any suggestions, I do believe it fits quite well actually so I was surprised.. 

13 hours ago, PJ said:

So I had my soft top installed when I purchased the car. The soft top is brand new. 

I placed it today for the first time but the rain poored in. Any suggestions, I do believe it fits quite well actually so I was surprised.. 

Where does the water come in?  Do you have a picture of the soft top installed?

18 hours ago, PJ said:

I believe it comes in at the front top, it is on both side quite similar. 

On photo I personally don't see anything wrong. Would first try to tension the front cable or both front and back cables to make the top fit more snug over the windows.  As a last resort, windows adjustment.  But then again if you are OK with the hardtop, I wouldn't touch the windows.

after tensioning, then inside the door there are two screws, fore and aft. You can use these to adjust the "slope" or "contact" of the window with the seal. I would guess its the top seal where the water is getting in. To be fair mines dry as a bone with the soft on.

cheers

On 08/04/2020 at 17:51, PJ said:

Thanks but I'd go for forged I think. Top of the list now is a nice wing. What wing is the best looking/ made currently? 

My wing is going to be coming up for sale if you’re interested 😉

365AC13A-2980-4332-AE73-A1B0D6671D03.jpeg.b65110d14f50350d80da2f6e459f87a6.jpeg

3CDE7683-A495-408F-922B-B24FA2443EA6.jpeg.765bb58182ca10c4a3c28a09120c6d12.jpeg

www.alias23.com

11 hours ago, alias23 said:

My wing is going to be coming up for sale if you’re interested 😉

365AC13A-2980-4332-AE73-A1B0D6671D03.jpeg.b65110d14f50350d80da2f6e459f87a6.jpeg

3CDE7683-A495-408F-922B-B24FA2443EA6.jpeg.765bb58182ca10c4a3c28a09120c6d12.jpeg

Thanks Imran but I'm looking at another option now. What are you going to replace your wing with? 

On 26/04/2020 at 00:32, EliseExige said:

Is het rood op de splitter gespoten of geplakt?

Let's please keep this thread in ENG as this is the language of the public forum. You can PM in Dutch by the way, no problem! 

The red on the splitter, front canards and side sills is 3m tape. Probably painted comes out stronger. The red on the wing support and the filler intake are painted. 

19 minutes ago, PJ said:

Let's please keep this thread in ENG as this is the language of the public forum. You can PM in Dutch by the way, no problem! 

The red on the splitter, front canards and side sills is 3m tape. Probably painted comes out stronger. The red on the wing support and the filler intake are painted. 

Ok, no problem. Thanks for the info.

20 minutes ago, PJ said:

Ok, no problem. Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

So I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the new 380 cup wing but I'm looking forward to the group buy from SSC and the results. 

Happy with the upgrades so far

IMG-20200601-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200601-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1