free hit
counters
Roll hoop creak best fix? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I know this is a common one, so I imagine plenty of you have had this and fixed it. I'm assuming the clam is rubbing against the roll hoop itself. Am I best removing just the trim from the underside of the hoop? Is the rubbing surface likely to be the front of the hoop against the vertical face or more over the top of the hoop?

Cheers

Martyn

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had the same creak and traced it to the two rear supports for the roof.

I put some double sided tape on the underside of the mounts and reinstalled them no more creaking so far.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Ah, Interesting. That does seem to be where the noise is coming from, but I think we all know that these noises can be really deceptive.

So am I understanding right that you removed the soft-top "Latch Plates" and installed the tape between those and the painted side of the roll hoop cover bodywork? In that case I guess there was no need to remove the trim under the roll hoop, right?

Thanks

Martyn

I too found the creak was coming from the two brackets/latch plates which hold the roof (soft or hard (said the actress...)). I removed them, gave a good squirt of PTFE and put some material on top (there is some tape from the factory so just supplemented that) and hey presto. 

Cheers. Foam tape now added. Noise gone.

Full disclosure, I got Stratton to do it yesterday. I'd gone over to get the A/C sorted. I haven't been using it much at all and the seals had dried out enough to lose much of the gas. Note to self: use the A/C.