free hit
counters
Evora carbon seat bracket - recline - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi guys,  I've been looking into seat brackets for my evora sport 410 to change the upright seating position to a more reclined position. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

I've asked the guys at the dealership and they have no idea and weren't willing to drill extra holes into the existing bracket. 

There is Jon Seal from lotushardtops who made a run of brackets but that run is over now and he only makes runs of 20 at 99£ each set... So there's that if anyone's interested. 

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, please help me move it mods.  Thanks all! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have jon's brackets. Nice piece of kit. Before that I used a couple of ally bushes and longer seat bolts for the two front mounting points. 

@Matty84 stick up a post in the "Wanted" section of the classifieds, you never know, someone may have a set for sale, and message @jonnyboy and gently massage his ego and offer to cross his palms with gold and who knows.... lol...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Am I right in thinking that the CF seats are only on the Sport 410? The side brackets I did aren't compatible with the Exige so there's not really much point in doing another run of 20 just to have 19 spare sets sadly. 

Some GT430s have the CF buckets fitted as well with exactly the same issue. Fortunately I managed to acquire a single set of Jon's brackets from Jonny @The Pits so at least have now got the drivers side sorted out.

As a compromise, as @Bruss has indicated, you can improve the reclining angle of the drivers seat by taking it out; unscrewing the floor mounting brackets and moving the 2 x 30/40mm metal spacers you'll find under the rear bracket bolts from the rear to the front mounting points. You should be able to do this without any additional parts being required, but take extra, extra care when replacing the bolts to line them up and tighten them gradually in sequence to avoid damaging the threads.

I believe it was Jon who came up with this work around as a 'temporary fix' before he produced the adjustable brackets. I drove for over a year in a 410 with this fix and it definitely improved the seating position angle.  It tilts you back slightly rather than level/forwards and reduces the strain on the lower thighs on longer trips. Just be really careful when replacing and tightening the floor mounting bracket bolts.

Why Lotus didn't provide adjustable brackets for these seats is a mystery that has already been covered extensively on here!

2 hours ago, jonnyboy said:

Am I right in thinking that the CF seats are only on the Sport 410? The side brackets I did aren't compatible with the Exige so there's not really much point in doing another run of 20 just to have 19 spare sets sadly. 

From his profile it says he has an Evora 410! :cry:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Just fitted the brackets and moved the spacers to the front, using the middle holes. Huge difference and much more comfortable. Only issue is that the runners are now nearly all the way forward. Have I done something wrong? I think a giraffe would be able to drive it now with the seat all the way back. 😁

Cheers

Thanks for all the suggestions gents :)

Alas I guess my search continues to find someone who'll happily drill my brackets.  The guys at my local dealer don't wanna mess with the original seat mounts either.  Knowing my luck with the last time I tried to replace the seats in my exige.... I cross threaded a bolt and they had to drill another hole.  I'm really no good with auto mechanics :) fat fingers haha.  Cheers anyway all! I'm all ears if anything arises in the future though - forever hopeful until I replace the evora lol