free hit
counters
ECU, Engine, Injector, Coils or something else - Page 5 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
modifiedv8engines

ECU, Engine, Injector, Coils or something else

Brilliant news Paul.  Hope the MoT is a success.  After that, it's time to get some enjoyment back from the car.

Well done for your perseverance !

• Like 1

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes at long long last Mike.

Hope this is the end of it as it has taken some time to resolve. Reasonably confident but have said that before as I seem to recall !

Cheers

Paul

I had my alternator refurbished about year ago. The car started to make sound which sounded a lot like bad water pump. It was dry alternator Bush and bearing afterall. The Bush In the other end was easy to replaced and the Ball bearing In the other end was a standard Skf etc. item. 

The source of the sound was easy to diagnose after the belt was off.

"Older I get, faster I was"

Hi Paul,

Out of interest which alternator did you buy and where from?

Thanks

-Chris

Great to hear you got it sorted! Still plenty of nice weather (hopefully) to enjoy it. 😉

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Hi Chris - got mine from SW Lotus Centre.

And Thanks Filip - Warmer weather arriving here again soon so they say, so although the cars needs a couple of minor jobs, I hope to get a few trips out before the winter arrives.

• Like 1