free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit SE 1991MY - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotusforsale.com

Lotus Esprit SE 1991MY

After 7 years of ownership, the time has come for me to find my Esprit SE a new home. As per usual for most Esprit owners, this ad is written with significant hesitation, as the car has given me 7 years of trouble-free ownership. Further, finding a like-for-like replacement will no doubt prove to be a losing battle. I’ve tried for years and failed repeatedly – even the current Lotus lineup hasn’t been enough to win me over. 

This particular example is the only RHD Esprit SE for 1991 in this colour combination. I have the certificate of provenance to prove it. It has currently covered 72500 miles (the odometer reads circa 1000 miles less due to the speedo cable breaking during my journey from the UK to Sweden back in 2012). An absolutely massive history folder which is about as comprehensive as one can get for a Turbo SE of this vintage. 

During my ownership I have serviced it regularly in accordance with the procedures outlined in the service notes, using only original parts where possible. I’ve also kept a meticulous service diary and taken hundreds of photos documenting work performed.

A short list of features (90% of which were added during my ownership):

SJ Supersports exhaust & SJ Sports catalyst. Stainless steel braided clutch line. Aluminium petrol tanks. K&N Sports Filter, Uprated HT Leads, reconditioned injectors, reconditioned steering rack, rebuilt front suspension with new bushes including shot blasted and galvanised components, brand new lower wishbones, new OEM coilovers front and SPAX adjustables with OEM springs in the rear. Refurbished front and rear calipers with new pads. New silicone hoses fitted where the old ones had perished. Lightweight bluetooth stereo.  Refurbished translator and master unit. Refurbished slave cylinder, new master brake cylinder and new clutch cylinder. 

I could go on. I’ve lavished more attention on this car than on any other car I’ve owned (and I’ve gone through a few during the last couple of years). As such I’ve likely forgotten to mention some of the other things I’ve done on the car.

This year I’ve given the car a thorough service – all of the oils and fluids have been flushed and replaced. I’ve also just done the belts. 

Additionally I replaced a worn inboard CV boot and a leaking driveshaft seal. 

In other words, it’s ready to be enjoyed by its new owner. 

Regarding the condition of the car, it’s a driver’s Esprit, not a garage queen. Having owned several concours-level cars over the years I’d say a driver’s car is the way to go – it has its stone chips and blemishes already, so one can enjoy the car on its own merits without worrying about cosmetics all of the time.

I would be happy to answer and questions, so please don’t hesitate to write me an email or give me a call.

The post Lotus Esprit SE 1991MY appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

Auto-generated post from www.lotusforsale.com - Click 'view full article' to respond to the poster.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.