free hit
counters
Anyone fitted Lotusbits coilovers to an S3? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
iambadgerous

Anyone fitted Lotusbits coilovers to an S3?

Hi All,

A while ago (quite a while!) I bought a coilover kit from Lotusbits for my 1984 S3 NA.  It didn't come with any instructions but they talked me through it at the time and it all seemed very straightforward.

Fast forward 18 months or so and I've just got round to fitting it(!), the fronts have gone on OK but I must admit I'm struggling to work out how the rears go together.  Here's what I've got:

28.jpg.d31900800572a3e22ca8f8a870948f01.jpg

The part at the top is a spring cup, next down is a flat disk with a flange.  The disk is the correct size to fit snugly in the spring cup and the flange is the correct size to retain the spring.  So the way it looks like it should work is the flanged disk should sit inside the cup to make up the top spring mounting.

Unfortunately I can't see how that arrangement could possibly work with the standard top mount, which itself is a flanged disk but welded to the chassis.

Note: the part at the bottom is the original rubber top mount.

Can anyone out there offer any advise and/or photos?

I've been in touch with Lotusbits but from experience they can take a while to respond...

Thanks in advance

Darren

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.