free hit
counters
1981 Lotus Eclat - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks great George. So just a recommission? Any major known issues? And whereabouts in NSW are you? I drove my Elite 502 up from Hobart a few years ago, but it was originally a Victorian car.

• Like 1

George,

welcome to the ownership club here in Australia. Despite the rain it looks a very tidy card. I am in Victoria and am currently working me way through recommissioning a 1976 Elite.  Who did you purchase the Eclat from? 

• Like 1

Hi Clive and David,

Thanks..The fellow I bought it off purchased it (i think) in 09 then stored it. It's not really running but does start  and run lumpily. It's unregistered and needs a bit to recommission - a new steering wheel, ignition barrel, i think a steering rack, shocks, tyres .. tracking down an electrical drain, new timing belt and general service. The front seats are a bit worn and  the paint is not the best, (It looks better in the picture because it's wet) particularly around the boot. It doesn't drip any oil or other fluids so that's a good sign. It's a complete car which is great..I  am in Wollongong, about 80 kms or so South of Sydney.

That looks like a brilliant restoration project. Keep us updated with progress. :)

It's getting there......

George,

the go-to man in Australia for engine components is in Sydney. Ross Hockley.....aka..Jensen Motor Car Company....02 99381822. 

David

• Like 1