free hit
counters
Anyone running 215 MPS4 tyres on the front of their 350? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Jcx

Anyone running 215 MPS4 tyres on the front of their 350?

I can't help but think that the 205 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres on the front of my Exige Sport 350 look a bit stretched on the 7.5J wheels.  And i don't think i am alone as others have commented along the same lines.

The 380 and the 410 both run 215 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres on the front - also on 7.5J wheels and they look much better.  Of course the Cup 2 is a more chunky-looking tyre anyway.

Looking up the tyre widths online Tyre Equivalence Advice suggests that 205 is the minimum width a tyre should be for a 7.5J wheel and 215/225 is preferred/optimal, with 235 being at the high end.

So, has anyone changed their 205 MPS4 tyres for 215 and what do they look like/feel?

TIA

Joe

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have - changed my P Zeros for MPS4 and upgraded to 215.

Gives a fraction more front end height, and I don't know if it's me being used to it or new tyres but feels easier to manoeuvre now at no/low speed. Sadly I only daily the car, no track work but do still have the odd B road blast.

Going from 1.8mm P zeros to new MP4 has felt a lot safer, much more grip and less aqua planing. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can tell you what they're like further on the limit.

Ah fabulous! Can I trouble you to share some pics of the new fronts pls from a few angles? It is primarily a visual thing for me... yes I am shallow 🤣

• Haha 1

Sure - gimme 2 seconds. It's sat on an uneven driveway so take a handful of salt.

To me it really sits a lot better against the rim now also, not too small as the 205s looked

Screenshot_20190725-115217_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190725-115237_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190725-115232_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190725-115242_Gallery.jpg

thank you!  Does look better.  Still surprisingly looks like the side is not as flat as the rears are and i dont quite understand why.  Could be the rim edge is different on the front than the back.

BTW i love the orange with the bronze wheels.