Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Carbon Side Scoops - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Carbon Side Scoops

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, W31SSN said:

Polar?

Nope... however I've dug into the story a little more ref the 'lotus supplier' and it appears they helped with prototypes vs actual supply to the production line. 

Proof will be in the fitting which I'm hoping to get stuck into over the coming weeks.

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

At the moment im really struggling with time to work on my own car and install the new scoops. However this week I've made a start and looked to do a little every night.

I started with the passenger side which is where the main air scoop goes to the intake, I thought I'd start this side first as its got a little more complications involved with the air scoop to the intake. Removing the scoops is actually quite easy, two torx on the front grill (green tabs), then two 10mm bolts inside (blue), there's a third 10mm (red) which is accessed once removing the wheel arch liner.

1481689026_SideScoopsInstall.thumb.jpg.de7043bf0952c5a5124826ea36cb8b13.jpg

Now comes the big step the new internal scoops require the two blue highlighted fixing points to be cut down flush to the bodywork so they can align and then be fixed by new riv nuts. Ill be looking to start this step Friday night (eek)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

www.alias23.com

Hi Ya'll. The larger scoops just seem not to get their actual launch which I was hoping for.. So I have a connection via Lotus in Dubai to have the Carbon 430 side scoops being produced with mesh and asked for oem fixing. These are approximately 100grams heavier than the original. I trust the build will be great but the cost for a set would be around €1500 I expect. In November I should be able to pick them up and will check them out in full before taking them. If it fits the bill, I will update the thread and should be able to accommodate if there should be interest. 

In the meantime, Imran I am awaiting your update as well but it seems not to be straight forward at this point. 

• Like 1

They look magic Imran👏👏

To be honest the actual fitment does worry me but I’d likely get the Lotus boys to do the work......but would want to know how long they would need to do the job. How long would you say to fit and fettle in total? 

44 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

They look magic Imran👏👏

To be honest the actual fitment does worry me but I’d likely get the Lotus boys to do the work......but would want to know how long they would need to do the job. How long would you say to fit and fettle in total? 

So someone like Lotus Silverstone or HPE Auto would easily be able to get them done in 3 hours I reckon and I’d be happy to give them a call to walk them through the install. As you’d expect I’ll be looking to do full photo step by step guide as standard.

www.alias23.com

13 minutes ago, alias23 said:

So someone like Lotus Silverstone or HPE Auto would easily be able to get them done in 3 hours I reckon and I’d be happy to give them a call to walk them through the install. As you’d expect I’ll be looking to do full photo step by step guide as standard.

All sounds very positive Imran - thanks for the info & your efforts so far👍 I’ll say it again they look magic!!👌

• Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone for their messages, I thought it easier just to post here, I’ve worked on the figures and if we can get to a minimum order of three sets I can get to £935 for an initial pre order batch.

This would include obviously the pair of scoops, fitting instructions (step by step photos), ProBolt black anodised fixings inc counter sunk washers (£50 alone!), and delivery to the U.K.

^^ Above is a little dependant on Brexit as if things change dramatically so could the price as it’s all a bit unknown ^^

Speaking with the supplier I’m getting assurances on a production slot for mid November with a shipping date two weeks later.

Let me know if interested.

www.alias23.com

Interested too but trying to prioritise what should be bought first. Cup Wing and Rear Access panel also on my shopping list. They’re all nearly acceptable individually but add the cost altogether and I start to wobble😄🤦🏻‍♂️

Okay guys with the Brexit situation delayed a little longer I think im going to look to offer a pre-order on the carbon extended sills. We need a minimum of three orders to get things moving. Details as follows:

The kit would include:

- Pair of Extended Carbon Scoops (with carbon to the edge no black line)
- Pair of Smooth Internal scoops (painted black)
- Pro Bolt Anodised Black fixings
- All necessary riv nuts and rivets
- Anodised Black Mesh for the rear of the internal scoops
- Satin black vynl for side sills

Price would be £935 + Shipping. Based on pre-orders being taken over the next week or so we'd then look to get an agreement from the supplier to have all scoops shipped to me for end of November. Please let me know if interested. Thanks

63987517_SideScoopsalias23_4.jpg.010a69f48e837b804bf7a1bc2fe95069.jpg
2042705391_SideScoopsalias23_1.jpg.9f56726764f214183bedc4ef686a028f.jpg
1896904263_SideScoopsalias23_5.jpg.f45952d9fb02fc259456cf4b326ee572.jpg

www.alias23.com

Question Imran - excuse my technical ignorance but will having these be an issue without some sort of mesh or grill to stop leaves and general crap getting in? Mine have a plastic grill built into the design at the moment but I’ve noticed the Cup models have nothing to stop stuff entering - what’s your thoughts? And finally is the carbon perfect as you’d expect Lotus to sign off or are there any even small flaws that you’ve spotted? Not trying to talk myself out of these - more convincing myself I need them😉

3 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Question Imran - excuse my technical ignorance but will having these be an issue without some sort of mesh or grill to stop leaves and general crap getting in? Mine have a plastic grill built into the design at the moment but I’ve noticed the Cup models have nothing to stop stuff entering - what’s your thoughts? And finally is the carbon perfect as you’d expect Lotus to sign off or are there any even small flaws that you’ve spotted? Not trying to talk myself out of these - more convincing myself I need them😉

I'll be looking to add anodised black mesh to the rear of the internal scoops to stop any 'bad' stuff getting in (just like the 430). However on the air intake side you would need to add the mesh yourself (as I don't have your intake scoop - you reuse the factory one). So the scoops won't be completely open on the kit supplied.

Im very happy with the carbon weave and finish and would class it as good, being honest OEM weave is better and would class as 'excellent', but I dont think you would notice in reality and I dont feel the difference warrants the high OEM price. @GFWilliams and @RRSSS have seen the weave in person so may be open to comment.

As requested by a few folks link to the pre-order for more info: https://alias23.com/collections/exige-s3-v6-all-products/products/exige-430-cup-style-extended-cf-scoops

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

2 hours ago, Kristof Thys said:

Hi Imran, long shot, but maybe worth to ask: are they/you ever planning doing a GRP version?  If so, I would be very interested too.

Im afraid not buddy. 

www.alias23.com