Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Carbon Side Scoops - Page 5 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Carbon Side Scoops

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
15 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Any update yet on the scoops arrival @alias23?

Chased the supplier today. Still pending the mesh grills to come back before they go to the powder coaters. Spent in excess of £350 on anodised bolts (ekk) from Pro-Bolt they should arrive Wednesday.

Will update with more info once supplier comes back to me. 

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Dredging up this post again, what does everybody do with the holes created by cutting the bungs off?  Do they need sealing up even though they're hidden? Sticker over top, touch up with primer, re-glass the hole?  Has anyone done a DIY post on this job?

On 13/10/2022 at 19:45, Exigo said:

Dredging up this post again, what does everybody do with the holes created by cutting the bungs off?  Do they need sealing up even though they're hidden? Sticker over top, touch up with primer, re-glass the hole?  Has anyone done a DIY post on this job?

@stephenwhyte@cuprapw@DangerousDave@geartox@alias23???

@Exigo, I have yet to install my CF side scoops which I bought from Imran over two years ago. Just need to get the nerve to cut into my car as it will be difficult/impossible to reverse this mod.

I cannot speak for anyone else who has done this, but I plan to cover the holes with strong adhesive tape. The body of the scoop will cover these holes so it may not be needed, but the tape may stop dirt and grit getting into the petrol tank cavity? I may also touch-up the cut edges with sealant paint to stop water ingress into the body panel, but again this may not be needed.

At the end of the day, you need to do what you think is best. Once I get round to doing this mod I will take some pictures, but this may not be for some time yet 🥴.

• Like 1