free hit
counters
Carbon Side Scoops - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Middle pic is a press photo, so they could have fixed the shut lines etc in photoshop.  I regularly have to do this for manufacturers, especially on pre production cars :)

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'd be interested.  Have some on order with Yvo but been told they may well be while.

I got mine few years ago from the Official Dealer. Very happy with this parts.

26009733-9bae-4ee1-9202-4b6d1c697bb8.thumb.jpg.7a25dac46af4f1766b61d0ffc846b406.jpg

45464eec-ce14-4776-964f-ca159164e055.jpg

93b00074-c2cc-4848-b70b-ad36cdc50962.jpg

267118b3-4919-4cb0-97d3-c3486385894a.jpg

40 minutes ago, alias23 said:

That looks like standard fit @FF not the enlarged version of the scoops.

Correct. The original ones on my V6s at the time of purchase where color body painted and in fiberglass.

Later I purchased this ones in carbon fiber from the dealer. They fit exactly like the standard ones and they allow you to reuse the original plastic grills.

Is the back side of the carbon part of these scoops all smooth? My 380 Cup ones have the back side a bit rough and ready looking. It would be great if you could get a back side shot as I would maybe be interested in just the carbon parts if the reverse if nicely finished.

Any idea on the fitting effort required? Is it a total pig to get to the fixings or even some sort of clam loosening?

cheers

Look forward to seeing the ones you’ve got in mind Imran......although whether I am prepared to stretch to the price required I’m not quite sure yet? Still keen though...

Some one just posted on the v6 facebook group simply sports cars sell carbon cup style one? He posted photos of his install.

Im out of storage, so cant post photos :(

Yes I saw that post today @k20Rob 

I would say these are the same items I've been researching. The install does look a little more complicated and not so plug and play (I've attached a few pics from the guys post on FB - worst quality!). What it does show is the carbon is full and no black leading edge which is what I also prefer in addition to the more smoother internals.

68747780_2195106187284969_1048396719475130368_n.jpg.bf40e0f00b937efa9a77a38db7652ef5.jpg

67790388_2195106260618295_5930281947992424448_n.jpg.76a46896d64368d32f06d75577042d9f.jpg

I paid my money today for the scoops, so will take a few days to clear, and I hope to have a sample in the coming weeks. I still think its the best looking solution so took a punt!

For sure they're not as cheap as the WinAce solution so hoping its all worth it (finger crossed!)

www.alias23.com

Could you clarify on the smooth ‘internals’? I need to snap a photo of mine for you (380 Cup). The inner part is smooth as your photos show, but the carbon piece on mine is not smooth in the inside.

Edited by k20Rob

So a small update... my carbon scoops are targeted for dispatch on the 18th September. To be honest, the time its taken to get this far is nearing two months! The price is also considerably higher... so I have high expectations! 

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

So today I got my tracking number and it would appear my scoops are in transit from Europe. Im hoping to receive them this week. I am optimistic that they will be as close to OEM 430 as you can get bar buying direct from Lotus. 

However the time it has taken, the challenges with communication (or lack of), and the slight worry each week I've had off 'someone nabbing' my money and making a run for it have not really made me feel comfortable with this supplier. PS> It is not Eltech. 

Maybe its because I asked for a customisation (remove the black line etc).... either way I'm really unsure if I'd be happy to run a group buy on these I'm afraid. But lets see how things go this week...

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

On 27/09/2019 at 07:16, GFWilliams said:

About £1200 IIRC 

Correction £1026 per side plus VAT so a total cost of £2462 😮

On 01/10/2019 at 19:35, stephenwhyte said:

They look cracking - how much did they cost in the end?

Still trying to work some of the costs out... but id suggest a cost in the region of £850-950 delivered.

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

8 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Correction £1026 per side plus VAT so a total cost of £2462 😮

Still trying to work some of the costs out... but id suggest a cost in the region of £850-950 delivered.

That's a very good price given the quality finish.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I was just thinking that if Lotus did the pair for £1200 it's not too bad. Steep, but you'd still do it.
I think £900 odd is a decent price considering the quality. 

On 26/07/2019 at 09:59, alias23 said:

So I think I may have found the manufacturer of the 380 Cup versions, basically the supplier to Lotus before they changed to ProDrive. I'll continue to investigate :)

Polar?

I was starting to think these were going to be out of my personal “acceptable budget” but if they can be had for under £900 I think I’d be in👍

• Like 1