free hit
counters
Future Design Direction - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Well, we've all had a good chance to pore over the pictures, watch the videos and hear what Lotus, themselves, had to say about the Evija. Now, we all know that this car provides design direction for future models, but what are those direction? What styling, design and engineering cues do you believe we will see on the future models?

My guesses would be an increased focus on aerodynamics, especially ground effect and active elements; negative space that supports weight efficiency/the aforementioned aero (the flying/floating wing dash and the floating centre console strike me as something that would look great on pretty much any model); technical elements deliberately left on show, as seen with the glass rear screen (and in the popular exposed gear linkages on current Elises/Exiges); and, a deliberate simplicity in the interiors.

Those are very much guesswork, obviously; I'm extremely interested to hear what design cues from the Evija you guys believe will make their way onto the upcoming line-up...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think future line-up is going to take a lot of cues from the Evija, but obviously to a lesser extreme. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Venturi tunnels make it into a higher end $200k+ car. Maybe no

I think future line-up is going to take a lot of cues from the Evija, but obviously to a lesser extreme. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Venturi tunnels make it into a higher end $200k+ car. Maybe not to the extreme of the Evija. I think the carbon tub will be implemented, at least in higher-end cars. They may want to stick to aluminum for lower end for cost savings. Plus their aluminum tubs were still pretty dang light.

Personally I have never been a huge fan of the rear ends of the newer cars. Would be nice to modernize it a bit.

Honestly the interior of the Evija I actually liked. Modern, but still somewhat minimalist. I wonder if the open dash may be something we see more of.

• Like 1