free hit
counters
SE Door mirror detents. some have one and others 2 postions? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MikieP

SE Door mirror detents. some have one and others 2 postions?

Hi all,

Been a while since on the site. Friend has S4 and both door mirrors have two positions once folded away from the door. My passenger door mirror has two, but the driver door mirror only seems to have one position other than folded. Tried loosening the set screw under the plastic cover but while it does move the mirror slightly away from the door edge, it seems to angle it downwards as well during the moving away. Any ideas, please?

MikieP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Something broken or worn on the cast aluminium turret that supports the mirror?

If it is, new ones are still available from a few places, including here:

http://www.racetechdirect.co.uk/car-parts/body-trim/mirrors-and-windscreen-and-glass/u0649-tvr-car-part-mirror-toad-stool-tvr-oe-part/

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

I apologize, I was away for the weekend. Thank you for your insight! Followed another post to see if I can tear apart from the outside and will try tomorrow. Hope it is fixable as I can not see much but the side of my car in the only position I can get it to set at. lol.

MikeP

You can adjust the position with the screw that fixes the mounting to the door. You wont be able to get all the positions, but should find a useable position.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Got it!

Figured out how it comes apart. Removed an old wasp nest that was not a hindrance. Greased up the bar that rolls over the fixed mechanics and works like it should!  Thank you both for your help!

MikieP

2 hours ago, MikieP said:

Removed an old wasp nest

Yellow cars...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺