free hit
counters
Photos of a finished car boot area - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Grizzly

Photos of a finished car boot area

Some of you may have read that I am getting some car boot carpet sets made. The supplier is a little unsure of how big the floor carpet of the boot should be especially the cut out round the battery area.

We should be grateful if some kind person with a finished or presentable car boot area would let us have some photos and an odd dimension or two.

Thanks

Brian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Brian,

Do you have the battery cover piece with the tool compartment? This was originally supplied in a flexible leatherette finished hardboard type material. Not having one on my car, I made a replica from plywood and covered it in carpet. It is an odd shape and happy to send you pics of mine if you don't have one.

The boot floor carpet sits on top of the removable wooden boot floor. It is the full width of the boot floor up to the lip of the recess in which the battery sits, cut to shape to the curved body side on the nearside, I believe - although not on mine as I have a high pressure fuel pump there for my efi system. On mine, it is the full deptrh of the floor up to the carpeted panel sitting against the fuel tank. You should be able to get these measurements off your car.

I did manage to buy a replacement carpet set off eBay but this is 5 years ago and it was not at all precisely cut, plus there seemed to be various odd bits I didn't use! I found I had to fit the carpets then trim them to the size I required.

Cheers, Richard

8 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Some of you may have read that I am getting some car boot carpet sets made. The supplier is a little unsure of how big the floor carpet of the boot should be especially the cut out round the battery area.

We should be grateful if some kind person with a finished or presentable car boot area would let us have some photos and an odd dimension or two.

Thanks

Brian

:ermm:  He has a set of patterns, doesn't he??

Hello Richard 

Thanks for your reply.

I do, as it happens, have a very fragile battery cover piece, so I can make another.

My boot space is completely empty - the petrol tank goes in next week. I have nothing to take measurements to / from, hence my request for help

Brian