free hit
counters
Tail lights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi, where can I find the updated tail lights and would you recommend these?? 

Screenshot_20190801-192949_Facebook.jpg

@GFWilliams, I believe you have these too right? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

This is correct.  My advice is to get the red ones, not the smoked ones as the lights are brighter.  I'm going to swap to the red ones at some point :)

1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

This is correct.  My advice is to get the red ones, not the smoked ones as the lights are brighter.  I'm going to swap to the red ones at some point :)

Uhm..like 6 options.. Which option being the red ones would be the road legal setup to be used (in the Netherlands)?? 🤔🤪

4 minutes ago, PJ said:

Uhm..like 6 options.. Which option being the red ones would be the road legal setup to be used (in the Netherlands)?? 🤔🤪

Option 3 :) 

1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

Option 3 :) 

Yeah, that's what I thought 🤞

If you have the built-in reflectors does it spoil part of the look?

I think to have them street legal we would need the reflectors but I have the same question indeed.. 

Only speaking for Belgium where none of these options are road legal as none of them have the CE marking (and you know how insurance companies are...) 

Then again, the GRP ones look ace!! 

The Transforged ones are for sure [email protected]

Edited by Kristof Thys

Loving that matt bandit mask, did your car come with it or did you get it done, looks like the LOTUS letters are printed on it?

3 minutes ago, DrTroy said:

Loving that matt bandit mask, did your car come with it or did you get it done, looks like the LOTUS letters are printed on it?

It’s standard from the factory. Most 350’s and upwards have this look. The letters are stickers. 

4 minutes ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

It’s standard from the factory. Most 350’s and upwards have this look. The letters are stickers. 

Thanks, just found it on DeRoure...

Position: 02a
Part Number: A120B0452F
Description: Decal, 'L O T U S', silver 537mm long
Notes: On rear transom - Sport 350
Qty on Car: 1
Price (each): £38.62

@Edinburgh 111s Which ring in your GRP's have the reflectors? Cheers

The car on this Eltech advertising is my car. This are the GRP GT lights, red, EU spec (yellow signal and white reversing lights) with reflector. 

None of these US aftermarket lights are legal anywherr in Europe. Also not in UK. Maybe after Brexit 😁

The reflector looks nice but isn't very good because mostly hidden behind the signal light. So I've added additional reflectors at bottom. 

Beside that the quality is very good and looks OEM, so probably you won't have trouble with it. 

Edited by ArthouseCompany

3 hours ago, ArthouseCompany said:

The car on this Eltech advertising is my car. This are the GRP GT lights, red, EU spec (yellow signal and white reversing lights) with reflector. 

None of these US aftermarket lights are legal anywherr in Europe. Also not in UK. Maybe after Brexit 😁

The reflector looks nice but isn't very good because mostly hidden behind the signal light. So I've added additional reflectors at bottom. 

Beside that the quality is very good and looks OEM, so probably you won't have trouble with it. 

Your lights are the number 3 option then right?? 

These also look nice, they seem to be more inwards. Anyone more info on these? 

Screenshot_20190803-000940_Facebook.jpg

Edited by PJ

9 hours ago, PJ said:

These look like the Transforged ones. I suggest that you do a search for feedback re Tf. 

10 hours ago, PJ said:

Your lights are the number 3 option then right?? 

They’re from Transforged, avoid at all costs, they’re awful and break.  Then when you ask for help they abuse and threaten you down the phone. 

I have Option 3 of the GRP lights. The reflector is this red circle behind the signal light. Look nice and gives the light a 3D-look.

´

http://29jio8d5.jpg

Edited by ArthouseCompany

True, looks good indeed @ArthouseCompany and I'll stay away from the transforged.

At GRP they have a preference for the smoked ones as it's more like a halo and don't need inserts. Why are some choosing the red lenses instead? 

Also, @GFWilliams, if you want to buy the red lenses, perhaps you want to part with the current ones for a nice price for me to take these? 

Edited by PJ

I’m in no rush to change, so go ahead and order what you’d like :) 

• Like 1

On 03/08/2019 at 21:23, PJ said:

True, looks good indeed @ArthouseCompany and I'll stay away from the transforged.

At GRP they have a preference for the smoked ones as it's more like a halo and don't need inserts. Why are some choosing the red lenses instead? 

Also, @GFWilliams, if you want to buy the red lenses, perhaps you want to part with the current ones for a nice price for me to take these? 

The color is like always a question of personal taste. But black lights on a black rear is something that reminds me of bad 90s car tuning 😅 i like to see these beautiful lights even on daylight. 

Yeah, I have decided to take the red lights indeed. Only sorting out any issues with(out) CE related.. 

Edited by PJ

3 hours ago, PJ said:

Yeah, I have decided to take the red lights indeed. Only sorting out any issues with(out) CE related.. 

One of the reasons I selected the EU specific versions is I wanted it to be fully road legal and pass it’s MOT test (uk),therefore I selected the smoked lenses as I needed the indicator to be Amber in colour and not red ( you can’t  have the  red lenses and amber indicator unfortunately)

and not wishing to scaremonger... if the lights aren't road legal then insurance companies need no excuses not to pay out if the worse happens. 

I was passive on the colour options. What I can say is the quality and service from Greg at GRP was brilliant.  

Option 3 should have amber turn signals?