free hit
counters
Mileage - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Racked mine up to over 15k now - absolutely loving it

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Impressive mileage. I assume you use it for commuting? Anything you would change about the experience?

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Excellent!  I am trying to keep mileage on mine down this year.  But an 11 day European road trip is planned next month.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Techyd said:

Wow seriously low mileage there!

There’s a stunning 14 plate orange Evora in the classifieds at the moment with ~12k on it!

17 hours ago, Techyd said:

Wow seriously low mileage there!

There’s a stunning 14 plate orange Evora in the classifieds at the moment with ~12k on it!

That’s the absolute speck and colour I wanted.

I did contemplate phoning and asking for a swap. It’s stunning 

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

10 hours ago, blueg33 said:

Excellent!  I am trying to keep mileage on mine down this year. 

I sure won’t be doing that..... 1400 miles Per annum she had averaged - it’s gonna change

• Like 2

Only here once

11 hours ago, Julian73 said:

In two weeks Ill be in the middle of a 3500 mile road trip

Ours is just under 2000 miles, mainly because we are spending 3 days at Circuit des Remparts in Angouleme

47 minutes ago, blueg33 said:

Ours is just under 2000 miles, mainly because we are spending 3 days at Circuit des Remparts in Angouleme

I'll watch out for you. I'm about40 minutes from there and will pop along over the weekend.

Ashamed/not ashamed that my 2011 S has done 23,000 miles.  Commuting by train, a fair amount of business travel taking me out of the country over the last 5 years and spending more time on the bikes over the last 2-3 years.  But every mile in the Evora has been special.  Looking forward to a long weekend hooning about on the Isle of Man in September.

Just hit 10,000 miles in mine on Friday.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2019 at 07:20, series_one said:

8FC350ED-6CEA-40E4-9741-CEC5973865B8.thumb.jpeg.5760fec8375ed551c48d499e5ef2f48f.jpeg

Miles.

Bar the first 8k, all mine. 7 years. 

Only a few thousand to the magic number, don't forget to take another pic. This was in a Subaru Legacy which went on to 156000 before I upgraded to the Evora which now has 60100 on the clock.

123456.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/08/2019 at 20:03, steve930 said:

When I bought my esprit, she'd done well over 100k, accompanied with the fastidious (by previous owner) servicing the car received. I reasoned she must be a pretty good example to achieve high mileage in the first place!! 

When I came to sell though... I was definitely in the minority with that view!

I had 108k mileage on my Esprit, I loved every minute of driving it and used the hell out out if.  But I new it was going to be a problem to sell, even with 3 full service books and 26k of bills.  So I p/x'd it for 20K, which I thought wasn't to bad.  But I think I was lucky, managed to sell last summer when things looked rosier. 

Unfortunately mileage does count when you come to sell Lotus cars, its the same for Aston DB7s / DB9s, Porsche 996s and 997s and all Ferrari's.  That's why people keep the mileage down of clock them.

38 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

I had 108k mileage on my Esprit, I loved every minute of driving it and used the hell out out if.  But I new it was going to be a problem to sell, even with 3 full service books and 26k of bills.  So I p/x'd it for 20K, which I thought wasn't to bad.  But I think I was lucky, managed to sell last summer when things looked rosier. 

Unfortunately mileage does count when you come to sell Lotus cars, its the same for Aston DB7s / DB9s, Porsche 996s and 997s and all Ferrari's.  That's why people keep the mileage down of clock them.

The answer could be to not sell and just buy another one to go with it lol!  I'm thinking my 410 Sport is a keeper as I don't like the way modern cars are going anyway, so, I'm just as likely to buy a well looked after Esprit, with 108k miles, 3 service books and loadsa money spent on her lol...:driving:

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I’d highly recommend an Esprit 😁

• Like 1

Only here once