free hit
counters
Mileage - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Absolutely love it :respect:

It amazes me that folks buy these cars and don’t use them - how on Earth the POs of my Evora only stuck 14k on it in its 10 year life I shall never know - is it possible to actually own one of these and resist the temptation to drive it?

• Like 2

Only here once

winning at life  :) awesome..

highest milage ive seen to date..  

you should share your ownership maintenance details..  hiccups along the way..

• Like 1

Cracking effort, nicely done :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Absolutely love it :respect:

It amazes me that folks buy these cars and don’t use them - how on Earth the POs of my Evora only stuck 14k on it in its 10 year life I shall never know - is it possible to actually own one of these and resist the temptation to drive it?

I guess from my perspective I use my car for school runs twice a week, 60 miles then occasionally at weekend , another 50 miles

i can’t use it when at my partner house as her close is so overcrowded and narrow I am very likely to have an idiot dent it and drive off

During week I use my company car as if not I could lose it but it makes sense as I get 60mpg for long runs around Uk 

so I guess that’s why we have a raft of lower mileage cars ? Anyway I want to keep mine and pass it onto kids so lower the miles at least they get to enjoy in the world of EV cars of future ? 

I'm currently doing about 10,000 miles per year in mine, loving every one.

Way behind this though (48K); excellent work!

I've just turned 72k with mine (40k by me in 4½ years) so it looks like I'll have to try a lot harder, :driving:.

Will be interesting to see how many buyers there will be for the higher mileage cars.... 

My esprit had 132,000 & it took a year to sell 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, series_one said:

I have told everyone its virtually worthless due to the milage. Nobody believes 😁

They are made for driving 😎

That’ll be my low mileage 2010 car ruined in a few years as well then 😂

Only here once

Wow - 120k miles!  Mine is coming up for 64k now, so almost half what you've achieved.  As above, really interested to know more about your experience and on the maintenance front, what you've needed to replace.

In a few weeks, I'm getting a new oil cooler and oil cooler pipes due to corrosion so I'm keen to know whats cropped up for you.

When I bought my esprit, she'd done well over 100k, accompanied with the fastidious (by previous owner) servicing the car received. I reasoned she must be a pretty good example to achieve high mileage in the first place!! 

When I came to sell though... I was definitely in the minority with that view!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

I am very likely to have an idiot dent it and drive off

Wish them luck denting a fibreglass car!! They'll take the paint off, or crack it, but they won't put a dent in it!

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Would love to hear more about those 120k miles, I bet there are some stories!

Just over 60k on the clock on mine, it’s driven daily, several 1000-mile long weekends done, and it’s off to the Alps next month 👍

It’s just such a good all-rounder. I was worried it would stop feeling special but not a bit of it.

Wonderful news ref 120,000 miles. There is an Elise S1 on the forum with 250,000 plus miles...I did 310 miles in the 340R today, nearing 41,000 miles in 19 years which sounds rubbish but it ain't exactly a creature comforts wagon.

Justin 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, series_one said:

Woah - you have a 340R too!!

Pierre, you are man of high standards and impeccable taste. Though the second picture is not how I drive mine...…...

I am not sure I know your 340R; what Ltd Ed number is it? I collate all the 340R I can find, so I wonder if I have this one.

Stick a few pics on the 340R section of the Forum. I seem to be the only one at the moment on that thread.

Justin

How many clutches?

Im on the 3rd but one was completely unnecessary. 

Current one is the optional V6 CUP exige lightweight clutch and flywheel so its not troubled by my NA power 😍

That’s about what I expected and better than many Lotus haters would have you believe.  

60,000 miles and still the original clutch on mine.....perhaps I have a few big-ish bills to come...

Justin 

9500 now on my 14 plate 🤗 -  I’ve put 2.5k on it since last Dec though (hanging head in shame lol)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Wow seriously low mileage there!

There’s a stunning 14 plate orange Evora in the classifieds at the moment with ~12k on it!