free hit
counters
S1 clutch pedal doesn't engage - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
trcm

S1 clutch pedal doesn't engage

In what seems was only a matter of time, I think the cluster master cylinder has died this morning.

I got into my S1 this morning to find the clutch pedal would only engage at the last third of it's travel, and I couldn't engage any gears unless I really pumped the pedal for a while. Rather depressing as I only just got the car back from it's 3-year service.

😞

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

And by "cluster master cylinder", I obviously meant "clutch master cylinder".

Thats the fifth time I've watched a Lotus in my possession disappear away on the back of a flatbed :(

Still waiting for Lotus to supply the parts, this is a bit of a joke, more than a month without my only vehicle.

You'd think they could grab one off the production line, they are the same part after all.

Edited by trcm
  • Sad 1

Might be faster to go aftermarket (and I've never heard of these replacements failing again). Only downfall is the long distance shipping...

https://www.boefab.com/collections/evora/products/evora-clutch-master-cylinder-by-boe

I would never put the OEM master cylinder back into my car, regardless of it's the original metal one, or the allegedly better-designed plastic one. They're both non-rebuildable and prone to failure. 

Either the BOE unit Chad mentioned above (made by Tilton Engineering) or the one that GRP & MWR sells (made by Wilwood Engineering). Both mfgs are well-known and respected for making quality automotive hydraulics.