free hit
counters
Fuel inertia switch - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cdm2018

Fuel inertia switch

Just had my alloys refurbished today the young lad left the door slightly ajar and the proceeded to jack up the wheels to remove the alloys etc 

after 5-6 hours he finished and left I had moved car across drive to give him better access. However when I tried to start car no joy ?

first thought was battery so called AA man he came and put battery power to jump but no joy 

to cut a longish story he spotted the fuel inertia button in the corner and then had eureka moment 

yes when jacked up the switch tripped 

never knew this in my total engineering ignorance 

anyway I am on the road thankfully 

i learnt something new today 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You might want to consider replacing the switch - it shouldn't do that just from being jacked, so could happen at a more inopportune moment.

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hangar 111 said:

You might want to consider replacing the switch - it shouldn't do that just from being jacked, so could happen at a more inopportune moment.

Dave

The AA man just pressed it down and it reset and he said that a common feature in some cars 

the car drove ok this evening and no lights or codes ? 

The alloy man jacked up car in two places let it down and jack it up again so would that had triggers the button thing to engage ? 

My S4s prior to the lsd being fitted - if I booted it really hard to spin and bounce the rear wheels - it would knock out the cut off. No issue since the lsd fitted - so must have been the faulty gearbox 😬

Only here once