free hit
counters
Chargecooler/aircon Radiator - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Chargecooler/aircon Radiator

Hi guys i'm fitting a chargecooler to my 88 turbo. Was going to use the aircon radiator and pipes to cool it but have decided i'd like to keep my aircon so desperately need a chargecooler/aircon radiator unit if anyone has one i can buy????

Tried douglas valley and pnm and sj.. no joy..aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh please someone has to be able to help me here??

Mark

Mark MacKenzie  Elise S2 135 Sport 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out my thread -- Gonna give this a shot -- chargecooler on 88 turbo with bosch injection.

I used a 91 ford econoline van rear heater core -- 21"x3"x4" I think.

Mounted under the car just behind the front lip spoiler... This makes it so I don't have to interfere with airflow to the stock radiator. Additionally, I don't have to buy both oil-coolers, which you would have to do if you installed the stock chargecooler rad.

here's the thread link: http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...showtopic=10125

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Hi guys i'm fitting a chargecooler to my 88 turbo. Was going to use the aircon radiator and pipes to cool it but have decided i'd like to keep my aircon so desperately need a chargecooler/aircon radiator unit if anyone has one i can buy????

Tried douglas valley and pnm and sj.. no joy..aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh please someone has to be able to help me here??

Mark

Hey Marky,

I have one - a new and original Lotus chargecooler/air con: Part #A10056023F

I

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Mike your a star..... you have mail. Mark that's a neat idea but i was looking for a bigger cooler and want to keep it as lotus as i can, if that makes any sense?? Calvin thanks for that but I'm sure the carrage would cripple me???

Thanks lads keep em coming...

Mark

Mike your a star..... you have mail. Mark that's a neat idea but i was looking for a bigger cooler and want to keep it as lotus as i can, if that makes any sense?? Calvin thanks for that but I'm sure the carrage would cripple me???

Thanks lads keep em coming...

Mark

Hi Mark,

I

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Hmm... if the combined ones are only cheap, I wonder if I should get one?

I currently just use the Aircon rad for my chargecooler. (air con is for girls!)

If you use the combined one, you can link them both together and have the same setup the Sport 300 used.. mega cooling!

Sale page is http://www.grouplotus.com/media/car/doc/29.03.07%20Sale.pdf

I Have now got one!! yippee!!!!! Just thought if i'm only going to use the car on sunny days I'd best keep my aircon as i have a glass roof so would most likely cook, though i do have a carbon roof but i need to sell that as funds are pretty low and the car is in the garage at the mo so will be hit with a large bill soon...

Thanks Mike you saved the day once again mate!!!!!! Just need your car now!! hahaha

Cheers

Mark

Just open the sunroof.. you'll be cool enough!

But then I live on the Isle of Man where it's seldom particularly hot!!

Sorry Glyn, I'm on with A/C, it gets bloody hot here in middle America. 95F plus 95% humidity = A/C or die!

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm