free hit
counters
Just bought an Evora - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Just bought an Evora

👋 I've just bought an Evora 🙂. This one, in fact, which seemed too good to miss:

Although it's going to be my daily, I'm considering doing one track day, just to have a chance to get the feel of it. I know the noise with the standard exhaust is going to be an issue for some track days - does anyone know how many dB it actually works out at so that I can find an event that would be OK with it?

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Phew. I was thinking “wow - he really is a bad photographer” 😉

👋 I've just bought an Evora 🙂. This one, in fact, which seemed too good to miss: Although it's going to be my daily, I'm considering doing one track day, just to have a chance to get the feel of

I've been keeping a watching eye on adverts for a while, and pounced when this one came up 😉 Good to be back in touch, Dave! I've been poking around your website. Feeling quite pleased I'v

Posted Images

Hello Paul and congrats on the new car! Lotus do have a track compliant system available now and I seem to recall the standard system is 109dB. @Trevsked and @The Pits track their GT430's so might give you an idea of where to go but I understand Silverstone is just drive by meters rather than a static test so could be a good bet. Epic track too! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

3 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Lotus do have a track compliant system available now and I seem to recall the standard system is 109dB.

Thanks! I'm definitely not looking to change the exhaust - just to find somewhere I can get the feel of the car. I know that there are various "noisy" days available - just need to know exactly how noisy I need them to be 😉

Donnington do noisy days but as Bibs said, Silverstone is probably your best bet. You need to back off momentarily past the meters and you’ll be fine there. You’d be ok at Castle Combe too, tracks to avoid would be Brands Hatch, Bedford and possibly Snetterton in terms of noise.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

105db days are generally doable too but it's a good idea to short shift in the morning while you're learning the track then try your luck with the loud pedal in the afternoon. You'll normally get a warning or two first but some tracks will send you home for repeat infringements. Brands Hatch seems particularly strict these days which is a real shame. Many tracks still do 105 db days including Goodwood and Snetterton. You'll have no worries at Spa and the Nurburgring.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Congratulations, looks like an amazing deal :thumbup:

I've been keeping a watching eye on adverts for a while, and pounced when this one came up 😉

12 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

Hi Paul.

Congrats on the purchase.  You'll remember me from cam7 (DH2).

I'd concur that Silverstone is probably your nearest and safest bet for a trackday with the standard exhaust.

Dave

Good to be back in touch, Dave!

I've been poking around your website. Feeling quite pleased I've bought the car as a daily, as I can see far too many opportunities to spend lots upgrading it otherwise 🤣

• Like 2

Welcome to TLF Paul. :welcome: 

What? No photos yet?

If you have any questions or difficulties with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

On 12/08/2019 at 11:22, ramjet said:

What? No photos yet?

I'm not a great photographer, and the photos in the advert linked above are probably better than anything I'm likely to come up with. But you asked, so here it is just after I learned exactly how effectively water collects on the carbon tailgate and the scallops in the doors 😜

520880603_2019-08-0918_29_41.thumb.jpg.b165183505c3168e041e1b821addcf8c.jpg

• Like 1

I am sitting here thinking if I had not been told, I would not have guessed that to be Military Grey. :no

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.