free hit
counters
410/430 boot release - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My car is at Strattons getting some warranty work done and petrol smell investigation.

My boot release in my opinion has not been working correctly for some time. It takes at least 3 presses of the boot release to get the mechanism to fire. Then once fired quite often it simply will not lift up without a quick push down and up. However Stratton tell me its normal it always takes 3 pushes. My Evora S was nothing like that, and I know it never behaved like this in the past.

Just wondering how many presses it takes for you and the behaviour you get with the carbon lidded versions?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Takes 2 pushes correctly timed apart, thus sometimes 3.  It's a 4xx series thing not just etc carbon hatch

Mine was a bit hit and miss until the first service. Some additional lubrication was applied, no problems since. Does seem to affect the carbon tailgate for whatever reason.

15 hours ago, bosshog said:

My car is at Strattons getting some warranty work done and petrol smell investigation.

My boot release in my opinion has not been working correctly for some time. It takes at least 3 presses of the boot release to get the mechanism to fire. Then once fired quite often it simply will not lift up without a quick push down and up. However Stratton tell me its normal it always takes 3 pushes. My Evora S was nothing like that, and I know it never behaved like this in the past.

Just wondering how many presses it takes for you and the behaviour you get with the carbon lidded versions?

I'm amazed that so many cars left/leave the factory with this same issue.

Mine never worked properly on my 400 and I used to have to apply some upward pressure on the boot in order for it to engage, something which is not always easy to do with bags in both hands.

I asked the dealer about this and got shrugs of shoulders and a sort of 'yeah, they are not that good really and all do that' type of response.

I simply unwound the rubber stops a turn and a half and bingo........not had a problem since.  It's been opening on two taps of either the interior switch or the key fob for about 6 months now.

I actually applied a couple of circles of clear protective tape on the area that the rubber stops came into contact with because I noticed they were already starting to mark the paint up and bit and I had the same issue from trapping the charger cable in the boot when shutting the hatch. 

Edited by Simon Bateman

On 07/08/2019 at 08:47, Simon Bateman said:

I simply unwound the rubber stops a turn and a half and bingo

I've had my GT410 Sport for a whole 3 days now, and this has been driving me mad. In my case, I had to wind the stops *in* (I noticed that downwards pressure on the tailgate meant it unlocked reliably) but it now works every time 👍

Edited by paulbutcher
  • Like 1