free hit
counters
Evora 300 vents vs rain - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Have had my Evora less than 2 months. I’ve gotten caught in the rain twice and had it parked in a typical south FL downpour. I’m assuming the car was built with proper drains in each vent? This one looks it bends and runs into the engine? Is this for a cold air return? Does the tube have a drain at the bottom for rain? Or is the cold air return filter oil covered to block water?  Haven’t taken her apart yet so I’m not sure. 

3CEF85D2-172D-4CBC-9EE7-21A17E2C8D51.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The car was designed and built in Britain so no consideration for, oh, what was it called again? Oh yeah, rain! 😂🤣😂🤣

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

That’s exactly what I thought too. They had to account for rain... but many car makers do stupid things. Doesn’t mean the drains work well and don’t cause any issues. 

• Like 1

True. But we do get quite a bit of rain here.... Should be ok he says...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Ok thanks Bruss. I wasn’t worried to much about driving it in the rain but we get major torrential down pours and I was caught in one. Looked in that vent and didn’t see a drain so it got me wondering. 

Ah if you look down where it comes from above the rear of the engine, I think you will be able to see where it goes. 

Just dumps water onto the bulk head side exhaust/cat and if its parked this just drops to the floor panel and them through the nacca ducts and cutouts onto the road surface. Nothing to be concetned about. 

• Like 1

I do wonder if water ingress is responsible for the coating flaking off these plastic coated cardboard pipes?

The pipe ducts hot air away from the exhaust manifold nearest to the bulkhead, and if you peer down the end you'll see the O2 sensor poking out from within the manifold heat shrouds.

IMG_3722.thumb.jpeg.9d98138b4c5333ea36711ceb96fd1b52.jpeg

IMG_3723.thumb.jpeg.c973a75c35020ba55642362cb50bc430.jpeg

IMG_3729.thumb.jpeg.78cc9697827bb9f46c66d612fada40fb.jpeg

Edited by trcm
  • Like 1

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill; the air intake on theLHS flank is segregated enough to stop air ingress and then the bottom feed air filter is a second trap.  All other vents whether inlets of exhausts are for engine bay cooling and while not water tight, the water either evaporates in-situ due to engine heat or drops to bottom tray and out on the ground.  You don't say where you live, but here in Texas we get tropical rain storms, I try not to drive in such but on one journey I drove between hurricanes from eastern seaboard South Carolina to back home.  Now my latest Evora has the open louvered hatch, rain drips onto the engine but it evaporates.  

52 minutes ago, Julian73 said:

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill; the air intake on theLHS flank is segregated enough to stop air ingress and.........

Should an air intake stop air ingress? :getmecoat:

And when did lotus make the Evora 300? :getmecoat:

:)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

1 hour ago, Julian73 said:

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill; the air intake on theLHS flank is segregated enough to stop air ingress and then the bottom feed air filter is a second trap.  All other vents whether inlets of exhausts are for engine bay cooling and while not water tight, the water either evaporates in-situ due to engine heat or drops to bottom tray and out on the ground.  You don't say where you live, but here in Texas we get tropical rain storms, I try not to drive in such but on one journey I drove between hurricanes from eastern seaboard South Carolina to back home.  Now my latest Evora has the open louvered hatch, rain drips onto the engine but it evaporates.  

Funny, I bought the car in SC and drove it home 500 miles. I’m in Florida so it’s tropical storm like rain this time of year. My pool is 48,000 gallons and it’ll rise 4-6” in one day type rain. Hence the question. I saw others posting about not driving or parking them in the rain or covering the vents when washing and it got me wondering. 😊

I'm actually glad you asked this. I was looking at the vents the other day and saw that and wondered if there was a drain for water especially with that pipe. I'm in Memphis and its been raining in huge down pours.

If anything its the radiator area that accumulates water. mine leaves a good size puddle on the garage floor after its washed out side, and driven in. Rain whats that.