Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lithium Battery Dead - What’s Everyone Using? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lithium Battery Dead - What’s Everyone Using?

My lithium battery is dead, my own fault going on holiday for a week and a half and forgetting to put it on the charger/conditioner... never had a problem with it in the past... my own fault!

Managed to get it charged by tricking it but seems the charge isn’t lasting, going to re test in two days, but if it’s not holding I guess I need to invest in a new lithium battery.

Loathed to go back to lead and add 18-20kg of weight back on the car!

So what lithium battery’s are everyone using these days?

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for the find @MAG ... I've kinda looked at these types of brands in the past, also looked at Shorai, but seems the cheaper priced lithium batteries seem to have short shelf life. Had a friend in Germany buy two in two years and he's now moved to SuperB now. 

www.alias23.com

55 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Thanks for the find @MAG ... I've kinda looked at these types of brands in the past, also looked at Shorai, but seems the cheaper priced lithium batteries seem to have short shelf life. Had a friend in Germany buy two in two years and he's now moved to SuperB now. 

They have a two year warranty on their website...

Just don't buy an battery called an Evo Ballistic....one of the lightest batteries known to man provided you're ok with the free fire they throw in after a few weeks of usage.  

I had a heavily modified GT86 with one of these and it literally nearly burnt my car down.....😒

Battery death.jpg

battery fire.jpg

• Sad 1

I send you a picture of the whole and technical indications I kept everything, because there is not only the battery lotus placed, it also places a system of restart, and regulation I think.

there is already a lot of battery of this brand that runs in France on S2 for a long time, hence the choice of lotus I think

Edited by ratmbe

17 hours ago, ratmbe said:

Imran,   ^^^^^ I've been running a super-b for the last few years--highly recommend.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

@alias23--More info for you.....

The 20P-SC was close to the dimensions of the stock VARTA that came with the CupR, so it fit nicely w/in the CupR's battery box.

The stock battery from the CupR --weight 15Kg (33 lbs); replaced it with the Super B lithium battery --weight 3.6Kg (7.9 lbs) 

imageproxy.jpg.aab9b1c8004ec8e45e50d818c32103c9.jpg

• Thanks 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

4 hours ago, Jack said:

The 20P-SC was close to the dimensions of the stock VARTA that came with the CupR, so it fit nicely w/in the CupR's battery box.

The stock battery from the CupR --weight 15Kg (33 lbs); replaced it with the Super B lithium battery --weight 3.6Kg (7.9 lbs) 

The SB12V20P-SC is probably good enough Lotus supplies the 410, 430 Evora's with the SB12V25P-SC which weights about 1.5 lbs more.  The important thing to have is a GOOD Charger for LiFePO batteries that maintains the unit without overcharge.  I use the Optimate LFP 4S 5 amp.    Additionally Lotus wires in a Super B SB-BDB-25) Over/under voltage protector to stop battery being overcharged or drawn below death voltage.

Edited by Julian73

5 hours ago, Jack said:

Thanks as always Jack. Right now the car seems to be starting so the battery may actually be saved. Will see if it runs down over the weekend off conditioner.

www.alias23.com

• 3 years later...

Bump to this thread...

Just got back from work after 5 weeks and I think the battery has been off charge for 5 weeks? Charger is in "SAVE" mode, but don't hold out much hope, although it is fitted with the automatic cut out. 

So any idea where where I can get another from.... B&C want a whopping £1880.00.

cheers

Mark

Keep resetting the trickle charger and the battery should eventually take a charge. 

I had this on 12c, totally dead despite being on trickle......Reset trickle charger about 15 times and started to take the feed ......about 36 hours later all good and has been ever since, 4 years on. 

Justin 

Are there any electrical things working, has the battery just turned itself off and needs the button thing pressed.

If my battery was totally dead would replace with a normal one and that would just need a new clamp and a bit of tinkering with some cables.

Update.... Looks like the battery voltage didn't drop too low and it was saved by the auto cut-off. Gone through the charge phase and now doing the testing bit. Fingers crossed....

• Like 1