free hit
counters
Lithium Battery Dead - What’s Everyone Using? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
alias23

Lithium Battery Dead - What’s Everyone Using?

My lithium battery is dead, my own fault going on holiday for a week and a half and forgetting to put it on the charger/conditioner... never had a problem with it in the past... my own fault!

Managed to get it charged by tricking it but seems the charge isn’t lasting, going to re test in two days, but if it’s not holding I guess I need to invest in a new lithium battery.

Loathed to go back to lead and add 18-20kg of weight back on the car!

So what lithium battery’s are everyone using these days?

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not using yet as my monies have gone elsewhere for the time being but these are definitely in my radar...

Screenshot_20190709-132453.png

Thanks for the find @MAG ... I've kinda looked at these types of brands in the past, also looked at Shorai, but seems the cheaper priced lithium batteries seem to have short shelf life. Had a friend in Germany buy two in two years and he's now moved to SuperB now. 

www.alias23.com

55 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Thanks for the find @MAG ... I've kinda looked at these types of brands in the past, also looked at Shorai, but seems the cheaper priced lithium batteries seem to have short shelf life. Had a friend in Germany buy two in two years and he's now moved to SuperB now. 

They have a two year warranty on their website...

Buy cheap, buy twice.   I’d be avoiding eBay car parts personally (apart from Ferrari air vents obvs)

Just don't buy an battery called an Evo Ballistic....one of the lightest batteries known to man provided you're ok with the free fire they throw in after a few weeks of usage.  

I had a heavily modified GT86 with one of these and it literally nearly burnt my car down.....😒

Battery death.jpg

battery fire.jpg

• Sad 1

This is why I don't think I'd be buying off eBay or a motorbike battery ... not worth the chance! 😮

www.alias23.com

I think I'll do a Lite Blox at some stage, although as I don't have power at my garage, I'd have to remove the battery if leaving the car for long periods.

It is weird, somewhat my car has a power drain as well, even if on the paper nothing is using power ... you can try antigravity, they also sell the bracket for the Exige, as a pack . 

I send you a picture of the whole and technical indications I kept everything, because there is not only the battery lotus placed, it also places a system of restart, and regulation I think.

there is already a lot of battery of this brand that runs in France on S2 for a long time, hence the choice of lotus I think

Edited by ratmbe

17 hours ago, ratmbe said:

Imran,   ^^^^^ I've been running a super-b for the last few years--highly recommend.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

@alias23--More info for you.....

The 20P-SC was close to the dimensions of the stock VARTA that came with the CupR, so it fit nicely w/in the CupR's battery box.

The stock battery from the CupR --weight 15Kg (33 lbs); replaced it with the Super B lithium battery --weight 3.6Kg (7.9 lbs) 

imageproxy.jpg.aab9b1c8004ec8e45e50d818c32103c9.jpg

• Thanks 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

4 hours ago, Jack said:

The 20P-SC was close to the dimensions of the stock VARTA that came with the CupR, so it fit nicely w/in the CupR's battery box.

The stock battery from the CupR --weight 15Kg (33 lbs); replaced it with the Super B lithium battery --weight 3.6Kg (7.9 lbs) 

The SB12V20P-SC is probably good enough Lotus supplies the 410, 430 Evora's with the SB12V25P-SC which weights about 1.5 lbs more.  The important thing to have is a GOOD Charger for LiFePO batteries that maintains the unit without overcharge.  I use the Optimate LFP 4S 5 amp.    Additionally Lotus wires in a Super B SB-BDB-25) Over/under voltage protector to stop battery being overcharged or drawn below death voltage.

Edited by Julian73

5 hours ago, Jack said:

Thanks as always Jack. Right now the car seems to be starting so the battery may actually be saved. Will see if it runs down over the weekend off conditioner.

www.alias23.com