free hit
counters
Lost alloy wheel centre caps - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Ross Easson

Lost alloy wheel centre caps

Hello folks,

Small subject here but has anyone else lost their centre caps after being on track? Mine is a 350 Roadster. I've put 10k miles on mine with no problem. Then had the brakes smoking hot at knockhill after first ever dry track session. Lost one centre cap and luckily recovered it from the track. Then...drove to Aberdeen the next day via the lovely Glenshee road and it had fallen back off plus another 2. Was thinking it was something to do with the heat transfer but that might be a bit far fetched. Any ideas?

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You'll find the ones on the left fall of first on right hand circuits, it's down to the heat and not uncommon. A lot of people used to just remove them before trackdays but Lotus have upgraded them to include a spring clip which holds them in place but better than the previous versions. 

20190807_164046.jpg

https://www.thelotusforums.com/shop/car-parts/500-a120g0046f-exige-wheel-centre.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

57 minutes ago, Ross Easson said:

Small subject here but has anyone else lost their centre caps after being on track?

Yep. Like you said, it’s due to the heat. 

I don’t bother to fit them to my track wheels. 

• Like 1

Happy days. Did @Seriouslylotus send you a message about his ones? They are very well priced!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators