free hit
counters
Lotus just changed their brand identity - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Nathan Pitman

Lotus just changed their brand identity

Did not see that coming, all flat, single colour and the ‘Lotus’ text is no longer curved but straight. Seems a little unnecessary to me, so subtle many will miss it. What do you all think?

3C32F389-BF4C-4794-9625-0ED55DBDF825.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

And have started sponsoring Norwich City football club.

• Like 1

The new logo is similar to old Lotus logos from the early days of the company. Look like they're going retro, like the co-op.

I can't make out what Delia is saying at the end of that video. Can anyone from Norfolk translate please?

Quote from a Lotus PR:

All Lotus branding reflects the company’s new corporate identity, which features a revised roundel and new typeface for the wordmark. Simon Clare explained: “We’ve looked back at the original Lotus roundel and thought about Colin Chapman’s philosophy – to simplify and add lightness. We’ve applied that to create a new roundel, taking the weight out of the lettering and adapting the spacing. We’ve also straightened the word ‘Lotus’ so it’s consistent with the Lotus wordmark.”

At the Evija launch they said that they were having trouble incorporating the Lotus badge into the carbon fibre. Maybe that's why they've had to simplify the logo?

I quite like the new retro badge. The old one was a bit fussy.

45 minutes ago, RichardC said:

The new logo is similar to old Lotus logos from the early days of the company. Look like they're going retro, like the co-op.

I can't make out what Delia is saying at the end of that video. Can anyone from Norfolk translate please?

Sorry Richard, we can't help you there. She alien to us coming from Surrey with a Welsh mother.

Chipp

• Haha 1

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

1 hour ago, RichardC said:

"Lets be 'avin you Lotus!"

It has become her trade mark after the drunken half time appeal to the fans.

Correct me if I’m wrong - but they weren’t in the premier league that season - but were the next season 

Only here once

It'll be interesting to see how the typeface looks badged across the back of the cars, if that's something they are going to keep doing. I like the old serif font in that instance but I think the new logo works well on screen.

Perhaps now the cars will no longer use the huge letter spacing on the rear and the 'LOTUS' lettering there will be an exact replica of what we see in the new badge - because if they keep the wide letter spacing and the serif typeface for the rear that will look all sorts of odd.

I wonder if cars manufactured form today will adopt the new badges too or whether they will reserve that for the new era cars?

Yes if they do keep using lettering across the rear I think it would definitely be with this new font.

Lotus used to be on the sponsors’ backdrop wall when doing interviews after Premier League matches, like on Match of the Day. Maybe that will return? 

I wonder if this Norwich deal was being negotiated when the Evija was launched, hence the request for yellow cars on the cavalcade? 

4 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

Perhaps now the cars will no longer use the huge letter spacing on the rear and the 'LOTUS' lettering there will be an exact replica of what we see in the new badge - because if they keep the wide letter spacing and the serif typeface for the rear that will look all sorts of odd.

I wonder if cars manufactured form today will adopt the new badges too or whether they will reserve that for the new era cars?

I think that an illuminated sans-serif T makes a much better reversing light!