free hit
counters
Lotus just changed their brand identity - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Nathan Pitman

Lotus just changed their brand identity

I hate the new logo - looks like a wean has drawn it.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Won’t Lotus be hit with the double whammy of tariffs on their imported components, as well as tariffs on exported cars to the likes of the EU countries? As far as I can remember, the fibre glass body panels come from France, electronics from Germany, aluminium from Norway (free trade to EU states), engines and gearboxes from Japan (new free trade deal with EU starting soon). It won’t be a bed of roses for Lotus post Brexit. Also I find it anathema to my capitalist mind that I need to pay an extra 10% of my hard earned cash to help pay for a bunch of new civil servants to allow me to buy something.

All the more reason now to start making the stuff in the good old UK. Let’s face it the exchange rate must have made buying these panels already more expensive from France. Let’s get more of the car built in the uk 👍👍

• Like 2

Only here once

I surely can't be the only one who thinks the cross bar of the "A" meeting the small "C" looks like the end of a spanner?  This feature alone must make it right for a Lotus. 

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I saw that as well, but didn't say it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Ok, we’ve all had a good moan, now who’s going to draw up an alternative logo?

Margate Exotics.

Well you know what, I actually quite like the new design now. Particularly the intense yellow colour. More importantly though, it kind of underpins Geely's long term commitment to this great marque.

Long may it continue! :driving:

16 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Ok, we’ve all had a good moan, now who’s going to draw up an alternative logo?

Not a lot wrong with the new logo IMHO 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Now that the dust has settled... I must admit, I like the new style.

How that looks on a acctual car, I don't know. 

And beside Evija and Logo, that is what I want to see! Show us the new Esprit (..or Elan, or Elite...) or any other new car I can acctually buy. 😉

Still in love with my Evora !

For the few who know the difference

I hate the font and the 'straight' Lotus........:no...........but I like the new colours:D

for me its the 60's badge with the new colours............:thumbsup:

and that pic that keep popping up of Norwich City being presented with a new shirt with a Lotus logo on it.........ermmmm...........I watched the footy last night and they're sponsored by Dafabet...........whats that all about then???????

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

ah ok.......so I watched the ITV video........its on the academy players tops and the 1st team players tracky tops........

so we won't see it on telly unless you watch the pre-game warm up..........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Interesting, especially regards the ‘digital, young / heavy, immobile’ thinking of modern branding.

And I’ll bet Lotus didn’t take 3 years to rebrand.

Sudders and Dany

4 hours ago, Suddabym said:

And I’ll bet Lotus didn’t take 3 years to rebrand

More like 3 minutes on Microsoft Paint!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

You know, you’re totally right. I bet that’s exactly what they did.

Man, I hate Lotus too. They are rubbish at everything. And now they can’t even drag the brand into the digital age. 

• Haha 1

Sudders and Dany

How crazy to rebrand as vw has done for an electric car,  Cant see why they do not just do what Toyota do on their hybrid cars and make the background on the badge behind the emblem blue in colour !

As for the Lotus badge redesign,  I like the new design and feel it will look great on the new Hypercar,  same badge really as the very early esprit cars.   

I think the current lotus badge still suits the Evora/Elise better though,  but will have to see the new one on a car first to decide :)

I am chuffed to bits with the way lotus is going and so pleased with the new Evija design,  it is a gorgeous design,   i truly hope they develop a unique design and re launch the Esprit and use the same design team,   The 2010 Esprit design under the  Danny Bahar was way to Lambo looking for me and gave no credit design wise to represent the iconic design of Lotus,s flagship old model.

Having said that,  The Detomasso pantera relauch on the Lambo Hurrican chassis and drivetrain by Danny Bahar looks stunning and they even managed to get pop up headlights on it !  

A

Its interesting that even the Favorite links on my IPad have changed to the new logo.

That's called the favicon :thumbup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I totally agree.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

And like Brexit, I totally disagree 😁

Sudders and Dany

Oh, so not ignore it then like so many want to do!  :devil:

I get the new logo online, but think it will look seriously shite on a badge on the nose of a car. But then that is of course just a humble opinion. The good news is plenty of places to get the decent "old" badge to replace the indecent new one.

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

The good news is plenty of places to get the decent "old" badge to replace the indecent new one.

Assuming they have the same diameter and fixing holes!

8 hours ago, sailorbob said:

Assuming they have the same diameter and fixing holes!

They will. The aftermarket adapts very quickly when the demand is there.